Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the army I'm working towards building so nothing is decided yet.

Lords

Black Ork Warboss 210
Martog's Best Basha
Armour of Fortune
Obsidian Trinket

Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss 141
BSB
Banner of Butchery
Heavy Armour
Shield

Black Orc Big Boss 147
Porko's Pig Stikka
Boar
Heavy Armour
Shield

Shaman 105
Level 2

Shaman 105
Level 2

Core

Orc Boyz 370
50 Models
Shields
Spears
Full Command

Orc Boyz 260
Additional Choppas
Shields
30 Models
Full Command

Orc Boyz 260
Additional Choppas
Shields
30 Models
Full Command

Special

Boar Boyz 258
10 Models
Full Command

3 Spear Chukkas 120
Bullies

Total: 1976

This is the plan:

The Warboss and BSB go in the big Spearman mob to boost them. The Shaman will most likley go in the choppa groups.

The other Big Boss (the one on the boar) goes with the boar boyz and they make up my big, fast, killy unit. They are meant to cause as much carnage as possible.

I do have some worries though. The boar boyz might just fall flat on their faces if they find something even a little bit tougher them. I also think this list could use some more boyz because I may have over spent on characters.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shameless bump!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for yet another bump guys but I really do need some help with this army.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would think making one of those units with ADC big 'uns, they will cost a bit more, but those str 5 attacks combined with the horde rule and the extra WS will make a pretty big mess of whatever your smashing into.

I dont think boar boys really have place in the army, consider this, a unit of spider riders charges with the same strength and number of attacks. The boars are strength five, but the spiders have poison, the spiders also ignore terrain and are faster iirc. Cheaper too!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Why have your units got assitional choppa and shields? Under the rules you have to use the additional choppa i thought? So bit of a points sink.

·
Registered
353 Posts
But shields give him protection from shooting, with only a 6 up that would be a lot of dead orcs before combat, true a 5+ isnt much better. But every little bit helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts