Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to this site and i have a question on what i might need to add to my 1500 point list to hit 2000 points
1 orc big boss
1 night goblin shaman
1 orc shaman
1 orc boyz big uns
1 night goblins
1 snotlings
1 forest goblin spider riders
2 spear chukkas
1 wolfcharriot
1 trolls

i was thinking of either getting a war machine, more orc boyz, or orc boar riders but i dont how well the boar riders really do but they seem like a good way to add another few ranks of damage

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
welcome to heresy

add more orcs and boar chariots

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
chariots i find essential to my orc and goblin army as they are reliable hard hitting and fast.
Blackorcs are pretty good but can be out manauvred if you dont have enough fast stuff to tie up the enemy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Boar chariots are also good Shaman delivery systems. I am not convinced that Big 'Uns are worth their points - it may be better to take more regular Orks. Boar riders are really expensive and I'm not sure if they're worth their points either.
I like taking a Great Shaman, (risky even with Warboss Um's Best 'At) and a couple Doom Divers. Between those and the Spear Chukkas, you can do a lot of damage before your fanatics even get involved. You can still have your army led by a Black Orc Big Boss (same LD as the Gr.Shaman).

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I've had mixed success with Big 'Uns. They're cheaper than Black Orcs, so they sort of fill the middle ground between Boyz and Black Orcs, both in effectiveness and points. I've found that gigantic mobs of boyz (at least 25-strong) do quite well, though-- Orcs are cheap, and they're not exactly slouches. Being T4 counts for quite a lot in the end, after all. Don't load 'em up with much... just shields and full command, and let 'em loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay i think i figured out what i want now. Im thinking of another unite of boyz, a pump wagon, 2 boar chariots and a unit of boar boyz if i can squeeze that in there.

other than that still up for some suggestions.

thanks,
tyler

·
Registered
52 Posts
get some more orcs dude! ditch the snotling because theyre not nearly as useful as other swarms and just 1 suck. pesonally i dont like big uns because for every 2 big uns you can get 1 regular orc instead. it said on the GW 40K site Boyz before toyz for once GW said something useful. i think this appilies to fanasty. are the NG in a regiment of 20 or 30 and are the orcs in 19 or 25? big regiments mean less panic tests although 20 NG is okay if the are for canon fodder. buy anything to get rid of animosty and low leadership

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am also at 1500 and am hoping to get some spear chuckkas a 2nd boar chariot and pump wagons but thats beside the point

personally i never like shields because orcs have t4 for cc and bows and shields still wont help against guns and war machines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts