- TL Heavy Flamer
-Battlecannon

[HEAVY] Oblitorators = 75

Total = 1997

·
Registered
496 Posts
im not much of a chaos player... but if i were you id consider ditching the Defiler (even though they are AWSOME) and getting 1 more oblitorator in each of those ob squads seems like a good idea since a single ob isnt really going to do much to shit all in a 2k point game :3

looks good though (for all i know XD)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
[HQ] Daemon Prince = 200
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Wings
-Bolt of Change
-Warptime
I have never played vs a Tzeentch DP, Warptime is always good, bolt of change is a nice psychic move to have, so looks OK.

[HQ] Sorceror = 175
-Terminator Armour
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Wind of Chaos
I think the scorceror is fluffy, but interms of gameplay, i think you could use the points better. It has Marks of Tzeentch but only 1 Pyschic power, seems like a waste, so you could try adding another power.

[ELITE] Terminators = 455
-Mark of Tzeentch
Terminator
-Power Weapon
- Combi-Melta
Terminator
-Power Weapon
-Combi-Melta
Terminator
-Power Weapon
-Heavy Flamer
Terminator
-2x Lightning Claws
Terminator Champion
-Chainfist
Land Raider
ERM, fairly legit, works well, you could consider dropping a single terminator and putting the sorceror in the landraider as im certain you can cast doombolt out of the land raider, could make for some interesting assault tactics when rushing forwards to get the terminators into combat.

[TROOP] Thousand Sons = 289
8x Rubric Marines
-Rhino
Aspiring sorceror
-Doombolt
LOVE thousand sons, never gone wrong for me, depending on what army your against, varies whether you need the rhino. If your against tyranids, start them in cover and shoot stuff. If your Against Tau, put them in the rhino, STAT! But yeah, good choice, i prefer BoC to Doombolt, but i see points are against you

8x Rubric Marines
-Rhino
Aspiring sorceror
-Doombolt

8x Rubric Marines
-Rhino
Aspiring sorceror
-Doombolt

[HEAVY] Defilier = 150
-3x DCCW
- TL Heavy Flamer
-Battlecannon
I Dislike defilers. In a good game with a singular one, i get maybe 1/2 shots with the battle cannon, before its blown up or weapon destroyed, i'd swap the points for 2 more oblits to make 2x 2.

Total = 1997
Overall it's a good list, i've played against one similiar, except it had ahriman not the daemon prince, and everything but ahriman worked well, the thousand sons are good at shooting stuff, the oblits and blowing stuff up, and the various mages do alot of damage. You will have alot of fun with this list i'm sure, the psychic powers will be fun. That's my only other suggestion, try changing round the powers, gift of chaos is funny to play with, aswell as the other attack ones you can do. I'm sure others will offer better advice, so wait around for another opinion.

Enjoy ripping your enemies guts in twain in a vicous battle for the chaos gods.

:D

·
Registered
941 Posts
in a 1,500 pt army I use a single defiler just to draw fire, it distracts your opponents long enough to flank them or take the best vantage point! You might want to try that!:biggrin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
in a 1,500 pt army I use a single defiler just to draw fire, it distracts your opponents long enough to flank them or take the best vantage point! You might want to try that!:biggrin:
the problem is this is 2k points

which means ALOT more anti tank (since this is were termies and LR's really start to show face)

then again it does have fleet...

can risk it if you want x3 but if your going to i would ditch the 2 ob's and get 2 instead

·
Registered
129 Posts
first, the deamon prince doesnt need bolt of change, cause hes monstrous creature, so no point

the sorcerer, i would give him 2 power, depending on what you're going to do with him, if you put him alone, bolt of change and warptime, if you drop one termi and put him with the rest, you take whatever you feel like cause the termi squad is good against everything, maybe just for fun gift of chaos(its so cool when you do it on a carnifex and you get a 6 :D, big giant spawn lol) if you want to put him with the termi squad and runing after monstrous creature, only give him warptime + nothing else(cause you'll be able to use your force weapon)

your 1000 sons sounds fair, but i can see you are running out of point, in a 2k game, i would take bolt of change on each squad of 1000 sons, just in case if theres big stuff coming at you

i love the 3 deffy :D, its so cool to have 3, you put them in the center of your army, and then rush, and then spread out, its sooo cool but some will obviously die xD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts