Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started making lists for my painting-converting project. This is mark 3, do you think this has anything going for it? I tried to maintain a strong Purge theme though the VotLW and lack of flamer templates and other weapons of mass murder kind of take that away...

Lord Shaari
Bike (converted daemonic mech horse from WHFB Empire engineer ;) ), fisticlaw, sigil of corruption, mark of Papa Nurgle, blight grenades

7 spawn
Mark of nurgle
(Converted from the vampire counts termie sized monsters. Lord's retinue)

10 CSM
Nurgle, 2 flamers, close combat weapons, veterans,
Champion with power spear, combi-flamer, meltameltabombs, gift of mut,
Rhino with dirge caster

7 Plague marines
Full plasma
Rhino with dozer blades

7 plague marines
Same as above

5 bikers
Full melta, veterans,
Champion has meltabombs

Baledrake

Maulerfiend
Tendrils

Maulerfiend
Tendrils

7 Havocs
Mark of nurgle, 4 autocannons

ADL
Quad gun

Lord rushes into the enemy lines with his spawn buddies, flanked by Maulerfiends with Havocs supporting from backfield. Bikers are there to contest and do their opportunistic thing, ever ready to be sacrificed (not even marked, those punks). Plague Marines take midfield objectives and the CSM squad prevents them to be drowned in Orks, gaunts or guardsmen.

What do you think? I guess it's not the most competitive list around but its built with cool models and has that aggressive shock and awe style that's the signature tactic of Chaos - in my opinion.

Thank you for the input!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Huh, I realized that my reply to this got lost and never posted. Sorry!

Lord Shaari
Bike (converted daemonic mech horse from WHFB Empire engineer ;) ), fisticlaw, sigil of corruption, mark of Papa Nurgle, blight grenades
Love the model idea. I'm a big fan of non-traditional bikes, as my 32-odd bikes made from WHF cavalry will attest, and even more a fan of awesome chaos-mech stuff. Also a solid build generally. If you have a few points to spare (and your FLGS lets you get away with it), you could always consider swapping the bikes t-l bolter for the Burning Brand--hah, fire-breathing horse!

7 spawn
Mark of nurgle
(Converted from the vampire counts termie sized monsters. Lord's retinue)
Oh man, more alternate awesome minis? A kitbasher after my own heart, you sound like. Unfortunately, Spawn are limited to a squad size of 5 max.

The rest looks good, good, good, though I would honestly probably bring magma cutters on at least one of those Maulerfiends. Lashers are all well and good against Wraithknights, Imperial Knights, and Daemonettes, but a lot of other things are going to be swapping their attacks for one specialized anti-tank attack: all marines with a krak grenade, middle-Strength MCs for a smash attack... it's possible a set of lasher tendrils can minimize attacks against another friendly squad in the same melee, but risky, given the chance any member of your other squad has to consolidate into base contact with the Lasherfiend...

You might want the free extra melta-hit(s) for much better anti-tank capability, at least on one of those fellows. Just my POV, mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts