Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am not a massively competitive gamer but I do enjoy winning some games. I made a thread here a while ago with a list that I had considered running and I have made a great deal of changes to said list. I am currently considering running this:
HQ- Spiritseer (nothing)
Elites-
Troops- 10 Guardians (BL platform)
- 10 Guardians (EML platform)
- 10 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent (TL Scatterlasers, Holo-fields, cannon)
- 5 Wraithgaurd (D-scyths) in Wave Serpent (TL Scatterlasers, Holo-fields, cannon)
- 3 Jetbikes (nothing)
Fast Attack- Crimson Hunter (Brightlances)
- 10 Warp Spiders(nothing)
Heavy Support- Fire Prism (holo-fields)
- 3 War Walkers (3 Scatterlasers, 3 EML with flack)
- 3 War Walkers (3 Scatterlasers, 3 BL)

This list seems to be the most viable. I find the War Walkers are fairly tough and hit VERY hard. The Fire Prism sits back for heavy fire support. Both Wave Serpents rush to where i need them, the serpents themselves are hard hitting and what they unload can do plenty of damage itself. Guardians either sit on points or move up. Bikes sit in reserves and come on to support/hide behind cover and grab last minute points. Spiritseer with Wraithgaurd of coarse. Deep strike Spiders to support where ever support is needed. Crimson Hunter AA along with the flack Walkers. I have 39 remaining points. Any recommendations?
Thanks tons in advance ladies and gentlemen. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You seem kind of all over the board with this list; you don't really focus on anything, which means you'll be good at alot, but not great at anything. There feels like there's a lack of focus.

Flakk Walkers are just too expensive. Say no to Flakk. It's just not worth it. I'd suggest bumping the Hunter to an Exarch to give you some solid anti-air and more anti-tank, and possibly an Autarch to control it's arrival, or an Aegis with Comms. Go second, take a turn annihilating their anti air, let the Hunter come in and own everything in the sky.

I'd put Lances on the two Guardian platforms, and run the War Walkers as Scatter/Starcannon for anti TEQ. Use the Spirit Seer from the Iyanden supplement for his primaris to let your Scythes run the table, otherwise they're too vulnerable at close range. And see about a cannon for your bikes. Or more bikes.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like the list ( I play scatterbrained too) but I agree with the suggestions that Xabre gave - lose the EMLs, replace with starcannons maybe? Exarch crimson is nice, and so is the Autarch - maybe lose a WW from each unit to get him in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts