Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Kill 'em all list. I know it won't win most battles, but do you see any immediate flaws? I want it to be a Death company army, so I won't incorporate any other Blood angels elements.

Astorath the Grim 220
Lemartes 150
6 squads with 5 Death Company with Jump packs, 1 power fist & 1 power weapon 6x215= 1290
2 Death Company Dreadnoughts with Blood talons, Heavy flamer, Drop pod 2x170=340

Total: 2000.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
you're bent on taking a DC list, and that's fine, but you're lacking a lot:

you have PF and Dreads, and that's the only anti-tank you really seem to have in your list.

your squads sizes are small, which means that you'll either be swamped by a giant CC unit (Orks, Hormagaunts), out fought by better CC units (Banshees and Genestealers: they're better because you'll go last against them and they'll probably outnumber you) with small squad sizes you're more vulnerable to pie plates in general.

personally, i would take Astorath drop Lemartes, and take 3 Chaplains. i'd then take 4 DC squads, and drop the Dreads to boost numbers.

after that, my recommendation is to take more anti-tank so your DC is actually fighting troops and not trying to bust tanks.

good hunting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
This kind of army is for fun so I won't go on about the obvious.

However, for me, DC still need supporting. Be that via Dreads, Predators or Stormravens. You can't just throw squads of 5 at anything & expect them to come out on top. As the good Inquisitor said they can & will be out beaten in hth if you're not careful.

If I had to do 100% DC only then my only HQ would be Astorath, all 3 elites would be Chaplains, I would run 1 decent sized Jump Pack unit for Astorath & then 2-3 small powerfist/infernus pistol units of Jump Pack DC & then as many units of 6-7 DC with a power weapon or two & at least one fist in Rhinos as I could afford.

I think also that your DC Dreads need to be either on foot or in odd numbers to exploit the drop pods (1,3,5 etc).

Good luck
Dallas

·
Registered
948 Posts
Take 30 Death company with jump pack and power weapons 1500, astorath 225 and a couple of dreads....you will be hated

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
However, for me, DC still need supporting. Be that via Dreads, Predators or Stormravens. You can't just throw squads of 5 at anything & expect them to come out on top. As the good Inquisitor said they can & will be out beaten in hth if you're not careful.
people keep saying i'm good..hee...

but this a good summary of what i was trying to say: even the DC need 'can opener' support units to kill troops. if you expect them to do everything they won't get any thing done.

good hunting.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well, it's for fun so whatever goes, but if I got wiped out by 100% DC I'd eat my shoes.

In reality you'll always be contesting for a draw...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts