Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very nice List there, although I reckon you should give the troops & Bloodcrushers Instruments, they have been very handy for me!
Also how do you find the keeper? been thinking of using 1 myself, with maybe might & Instrument - 220
i never really loose combats so i don't see the need for them, and the keeper is really good although he's not a 1 man army he can just plain murder huge squads, because he normally wins the combat with the sweeping advance he has I 10 so wins all the time..bye bye squad:biggrin:

With herald of Tzeentch i bought the Lord of Tzeentch model (WHF) which already has a disc and bought 3 screamers to pull the chariot was pretty cheap considering i bought the screamers off of ebay
thats what i was thinkin of doin in the first place :victory:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awesome man i'm currently in the process of making a decision for a Reaver Titan for my CSM so my armies will be sitting on the sideline for a lil as i process my thoughts and reason for getting one.....$1,200 XD

But goodluck cooldudeskillz with this list it seems really solid :D

P.S with my daemons list i posted a few weeks ago i have now claimed my 9th game with 8 wins :D and it was somewhat due to your wise words those weeks ago ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome man i'm currently in the process of making a decision for a Reaver Titan for my CSM so my armies will be sitting on the sideline for a lil as i process my thoughts and reason for getting one.....$1,200 XD

But goodluck cooldudeskillz with this list it seems really solid :D

P.S with my daemons list i posted a few weeks ago i have now claimed my 9th game with 8 wins :D and it was somewhat due to your wise words those weeks ago ;)
well thats sounda swell:biggrin: you ever feel like a change in your list( but by the sound of it you won't need it) then im here for you:victory:

·
Registered
194 Posts
You never know cooldude i might need it soon as i would like to spice things up and change a few things here and there in the future and thank you for the support mate :victory:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome list, but a couple of things i would think about changing are the soul grinder with tongue. BS3 means that he will only hit half the time and i find the Phlegm is more useful as with str 8 it can still destroy tanks.

The other thing is the pavane of slaanesh on the keeper of secrets. How often do you find yourself using it as surely fleeting is a better option imho.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I like the 2 small groups of Bloodcrushers - i can think of good tactics for those...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Awesome list, but a couple of things i would think about changing are the soul grinder with tongue. BS3 means that he will only hit half the time and i find the Phlegm is more useful as with str 8 it can still destroy tanks.

The other thing is the pavane of slaanesh on the keeper of secrets. How often do you find yourself using it as surely fleeting is a better option imho.
yes maybe so, but if you did hit with the tongue then theres a good chance the tank will ge a penertrating hit. Yes your right about the pavane of slannesh, it's funny but that was never really in my army i was for like a day but i changed it for unholy might and a instrument lol. i'll update the list.

I like the 2 small groups of Bloodcrushers - i can think of good tactics for those...
indeed:biggrin:

surely 2 bloodcrushers= easy kill points, never used them but thats the main reason why and the fact that they are a little slow.
yer but bloodcrushers completey murder evreything apart from tanks, so having 2 sqauds going around is fun!!:)

·
Registered
585 Posts

I like Pavane because it allows you to pull a unit off an objective with him...

Pavane, Musk, Pavane This get's them a good distance out if you land the 2nd assault where the defenders reaction pulls them further away. Although this takes a turn or two depending on the dice and unit, they may be dead already. Also have to have musk too. I would prlly go for musk over pavane and use him to thin units for follow up kills by your troops.

On the original army list, do the 2 units of crushers do well? I would think to join them and split the flamers to get better flames going.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, it was just referred to in a recent post I read.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
flamers do better in 6's than 3's you really need them to survive, bloodcrushers are good and tough enough to be split up

·
Registered
585 Posts
flamers do better in 6's than 3's you really need them to survive, bloodcrushers are good and tough enough to be split up
I have heard it's great to kinda suicide the Flamers and in 3s you can get all three templates to fire on the DS and have used this well. How are you using them at 6s better? Do you march them across the board a bit and thus have to worry about getting thinned out? Or do you mean after they get assaulted from flaming first time?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use 2 units of 3 and i dont think i would ever use them as 6. I normally deep strike out of LOS near an objective normally if i can. The fear factor alone means that the other army will hesitate before moving anywhere within 15 inches or so of the flamers. Sometimes to earn there points they dont actually need to do any damage. And a unit of 3 is so easy to hide behind cover.

Yes having a unit of 3 does help when doing suicide attacks but I tend to go for the safer option and use them later on where they just clean up and kill taht annoying unit sitting on the objective with a good cover save.

In the end the way i see it is that if they are in the open are getting shot whether there are 3 or 6 of them they will most likely all die or nearly all die so better to present 2 targets than 1.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i think what i said came out wrong, what i mean in 6's you can be sure that you completely destroy a squad, without the worry of being assaulted afterwards, so yeh what newsun said lol.

Also i would rather have 2 units of bloodcrushers than 1 unit, over having 2 units of flamers.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i think what i said came out wrong, what i mean in 6's you can be sure that you completely destroy a squad, without the worry of being assaulted afterwards, so yeh what newsun said lol.

Also i would rather have 2 units of bloodcrushers than 1 unit, over having 2 units of flamers.
Are you dropping them in and then moving them forward to flame allowing you to line them up for templates? Because if you are deepstriking them in, how do you arrange them that all 6 can even fire ? With the way DS placement works the ones in the back are most likely going to hit friendlies which is not allowed, check page 29 on templates. I would probably just run 3 flamers in that case and 2x3 crushers, finding the other bit of points elsewhere.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i see what your saying, normally your right, if i deepstrike them right next to someone only 4 can hit, but then after that i can arrange them do 6 can hit, but i might try out what you guys are saying, as most of you seem to think 3 is better.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i see what your saying, normally your right, if i deepstrike them right next to someone only 4 can hit, but then after that i can arrange them do 6 can hit, but i might try out what you guys are saying, as most of you seem to think 3 is better.
I hear you on that next turn, just think it's unlikely that a unit who just got a face full of flame will just be sitting there unless you assault them from another squad.

I don't see how you can fire 4 flamers on DS surely one of them will be behind and the template is over one or more models in front of it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I hear you on that next turn, just think it's unlikely that a unit who just got a face full of flame will just be sitting there unless you assault them from another squad.

I don't see how you can fire 4 flamers on DS surely one of them will be behind and the template is over one or more models in front of it.
mmmmmm maybe i counted wrong lol....yeh i can't see either really, it was most likely 3. Any i have decided to stick with 6, the idea of 2 3's is good, but then i couldn't have 2 2's of bloodcrushers, and there too awesome to change

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read over this list and it looks sick. I'm going to try this soon against my Nid and Ork buddies :)

I also was going to run more than 3 flamers, but after your comments it seems like 3 is the magic number

21 - 38 of 38 Posts