Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Troops

Vanguard 10 men with 3 plasma caliver, omnispex and Alpha with Phosphor blast pistol 205 (War lord)

Rangers 10 men with 3 arquebus and omnispex 205

Fast attack
Sydonian Dragoons 3 with Radium jezzail 135

HS

Two Onager Dunecrawlers with Neutron laser and heavy stubber, One Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus array 355

Fortification
fortress of redemption with krakstorm missiles, 3 heavy bolters, 2 serchlights 315

Lords of war
kight paladin 375

Total points 2000

Army note's--

everyone has BS 4 which gets boasted by at least one for 3 turns in the game (knight does not get boasted)

Basic job of units--

Troops hold the fortress, any weapons fired by then (including the Krakstorm missiles or Icarus lascannon's) give -1 cover saves to the opponent while having 4+ cover saves and 6+ feel no pain themselves. With each of the rangers pumping out 3 range 60 AP3 sniper shots + emplacement weapons + remaining have a range 30 S4 AP4 rapid fire shots they can out range most opponents easily.

Vanguard move out to claim things if need be or wait for DS opponents to counter attack them (9 plasma shots ftw).

Sydonian Dragoons are the harasser's who will either go contest a point or aim to pick off certain squad members they are shooting at while getting a 5+ cover save. They will pump out 6 sniper shots with any 6's rolling to wound adding an extra wound. (unsure yet weather the extra wound is at AP 2)

Onager Dunecrawlers with Neutron laser are for Anti tank and anti super heavy (2 S10 AP1 blasts per turn) and can take some shots thanks to 4+ inv save. Icarus array are for light tanks and anti air if my Icarus lascannon's can't do the job.

knight paladin used depending on who the opponent is but is a get fire sink and counter attack unit.

Any recommendations are welcome please note though I am aiming at a more shooting base army in this list.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Two Onager Dunecrawlers with Neutron laser and heavy stubber, One Onager Dunecrawler with Icarus array 355
Unfortunate, with your BS-boosting, that some of those will always be snapping fire unless you're shooting at a skimmer. That's the sort of issue I see in the Onager mechanics, unfortunately: that the coolest one, the Icarus Array, is exclusively skyfire, and it's massive overkill to any flyer (barring, say, a Thunderhawk) to take 3 of them, but that 3 of them are needed for the best overlapping shields.

I might consider just focusing them groundward and taking some t-l cognis lascannons/autocannons Ballistarii, or something. BS2 with rerolls seems like decent anti-flyer to me...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The rule says "Flyers, flying monstrous creatures, and skimmers," unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts