Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally going to collect chaos , however my friend was getting rid of his dark angels and i started to read through his codex and decided .....well i'm going to become one of the unforgiven

HQ
Belial – 190 points
Librarian- Terminator Armor, - 95 points
ELITES
Deathwing Knights- 10 man- 465 Points
TROOPS
Deathwing Terminators – Cyclone Launcher- 5 man- 245 points
Deathwing Terminators – Cyclone Launcher -5 man- 245 points

Total points 1975

Thats what the army came with, i'm just wondering what changes need to be made to make it semi-competitive , my main opponents will be Guard, Custom space marine chapters, Ultramarines, Space puppies, Tau and Elder

So what changes would anyone make or is that okay ?

cheers thank you :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe that the FAQ for the Dark Angels Codex states that any Deathwing Terminator can trade their Stormbolter and/or Powerfist for other options, meaning that the Sergeant cannot trade his Powersword and maybe also his Stormbolter.

I would be concerned about 5 man Deathwing squads, are you planning on Deepstriking with them, to give them their Twin Linked Shooting for 1 turn of shooting or not?

I've found that I've struggled when trying to put together a Dark Angels army based around Deathwing.

I did come up with a nice 1500 point Ravenwing army which you could use to then add Deathwing to

HQ
Sammael

TROOPS
6 Ravenwing Bikers, 1 Attack Bike with Multi-Melta, 1 Landspeeder Typhoon
6 Ravenwing Bikers, 1 Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter, 1 Landspeeder Typhoon

FAST ATTACK
6 Ravenwing Black Knights with 2 Grenade Launchers
Nephilim Jetfighter with Lascannons
Nephilim Jetfighter with Lascannons

I do believe that you would still have enough points left over for a Whirlwind and maybe 2 Powerswords for your Sergeants. Or 560 points to spend on Deathwing.

Ravenwing Bikes have Scout redeployment so you could also use Sammael and the Ravenwing Bikes to allow Deathwing to Deep strike turn 1 without scattering, thus you're then in your opponent's army straight away. Beware plasma and Vindicators and you should be giving them a headache. If I remember rightly, Deathwing can swap their Stormbolters and Powerfists for Lightning Claws (AP3) for no points cost, which would give Marines a problem. Deathwing would also have 2 Attacks, +1 for 2nd Weapon (so 3) without the charge. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Your biggest problem will be how much AP2 weaponry those armies can bring casually, let alone when they find out they're facing almost 40 Terminators. I'd be inclined to drop a (couple) Deathwing squad(s) to add in some Dreadnought support (Mortis if you need anti-air), and equip Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields on every model you can. The 3++ is worth a lot more than some Stormbolter fire considering how much more effective Terminators are in combat than shooting. You could also ally in an Inquisitor, who can bring with him some Servo Skulls to help with your Deep Striking army and Servitors for some additional heavy support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts