Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2500 Points - Black Legion

This list is meant to be fluffy, and yes all my lists HAVE to be fluffy. It's just the way I role. I swear if some one says you need a DP with MoS and LoS I will flip.:ireful2: Over all it's meant to be a fun list and I will be one step closer to getting a 1500+ point list of every Chaos Space Marine Chapter. Feel free to critisize on the list but don't give me crap about completely irrelevant units. If I put down anything that doesn't follow the Black Legion fluff be sure to tell me. If you suggest putting in something new, please tell me what I should be taking off to make the points.

HQ
Abaddon the Despoiler - 275

Please remember that this is a fun and fluffy list, if I don't win any games that's fine with me. Whether or not Abaddon is worth it, I don't care.

Chaos Sorcerer - 185
-MoS
-Lash Of Submission, Warptime
-Bike
-Familiar

I know i've expressed my hatred for Lash that is completely directed at DPs which can honestly be put to better use. Lash is not that bad with a sorcerer, in my opinion.

Elites
Chaos Terminators x4 - 200
-Terminator Champion
+Chain Fist
x1 Heavy Flamer
x2 LCs
-IoK

LandRaider - 235
-Extra Armour

Chaos Dreadnought - 120
-Additional Close combat weapon
-Twin-linked bolter upgraded to Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armour

Chaos Dreadnought - 120
-Additional Close Combat weapon
-Twin-linked bolter upgraded to Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armour

Troops

Chaos Space Marines x10 - 220
-Aspiring Champion
+PF
-IoCG
x2 Melta Gun

Rhino - 55
-Extra Armour

Chaos Space Marines x10 - 220
-Aspiring Champion
+PF
-IoCG
x2 Melta Gun

Rhino - 55
-Extra Armour

Chaos Space Marines x10 - 230
-Aspiring Champion
+PF
-IoCG
x2 Plasma Gun

Rhino - 55
-Extra Armour

Heavy Support
Defiler - 150
x1 Extra close combat arm

Defiler - 150
x1 Extra close combat arm

x3 Obliterators - 225

Total = 2490 Pts
It may not be the most competetive list, but it's a fun one.

Basic Tactics

Capture and Control​
In this particular list I would have put the two dreadnoughts, landraider with termies and abaddon, two rhinos and one defiler. I would have one rhino hang back and hold my objective, and push up the landraider and a rhino. I would try and get my dreadnoughts as far into the enemies lines as possible, whether that be into vehicles or infantry, preferably infantry. The defiler would try to lay down that pie plate on the enemy units while the rest of the units advance. By round two i'm trying to bring in the sorcerer and the obliterators, the sorcerer trying to get into cover and the obliterators helping on giving support fire. At this point the termis jump out of their landraider and contest an objective. Dreadnoughts continue to wreak havoc and rhino moves up to contest another objective. Defiler supports the rhino. Turn three and everyone is trying to get in. I bring in the other rhino and another defiler. One defiler moves closer to the objective being contested by termis and abaddon. The other defiler moves up with a rhino to claim another objective. Turn four and I attempt to capture an objective with my defiler and CSM unit. My sorcerer comes out and tries to move a unit away from an objective, freeing it. Turn five is where the match ends due to my home rules and at this point I should at least control one objective, while the rest are either free or contested. This depends heavily on if my troops come in when I want them too, and if the dreadnoughts and Termies with abaddon hold out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ok first of all, you can not upgrade 2 twinlinked bolters on your dreads to heavy flamers (it's a pity i know, but that is how it is).

C:CSM p.95
" A single twin-linked bolter may be upgraded to a heavy flamer for 5 pts."

How do you transport Abbadon? Is he running alone? Because there is no space in the LR for him and he can't put into a rhino (due to his termi armor).
Or does this :
"I push through the landraider and one rhino with Abaddon using them as shielding."
mean you let him walk? I would suggest to drop one termi and put him in the LR. Than add at least Extra Armour to the LR (better DP) so that it reaches its goal. In this configuration I would drop the PF from the Termis (stick with one champ with CF and heavy flamer) and give them two lightening claws. Add a icon of khorne and you have a very very killy unit.
I would give the dreadnaughts Extra armoor as well, you want those guys moving forward to increase the pressure on your opponent. So they need to be able to walk.

Usually I give the defiler 1 extra CC and the reaper. So if they loose the BC they can still shoot effectively.

A general comment:
If you want to field black legion, you can make use of the cult troops as well. Maybe you don't like them so you want to stick to the vanilla ones (which is fine). If not, take them into account.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok first of all, you can not upgrade 2 twinlinked bolters on your dreads to heavy flamers (it's a pity i know, but that is how it is).

C:CSM p.95
" A single twin-linked bolter may be upgraded to a heavy flamer for 5 pts."

How do you transport Abbadon? Is he running alone? Because there is no space in the LR for him and he can't put into a rhino (due to his termi armor).
Or does this :
"I push through the landraider and one rhino with Abaddon using them as shielding."
mean you let him walk? I would suggest to drop one termi and put him in the LR. Than add at least Extra Armour to the LR (better DP) so that it reaches its goal. In this configuration I would drop the PF from the Termis (stick with one champ with CF and heavy flamer) and give them two lightening claws. Add a icon of khorne and you have a very very killy unit.
I would give the dreadnaughts Extra armoor as well, you want those guys moving forward to increase the pressure on your opponent. So they need to be able to walk.

Usually I give the defiler 1 extra CC and the reaper. So if they loose the BC they can still shoot effectively.

A general comment:
If you want to field black legion, you can make use of the cult troops as well. Maybe you don't like them so you want to stick to the vanilla ones (which is fine). If not, take them into account.
Thanks for the advice it all seems sensible and looks as if it has a place. I forgot about only 1 heavy flamer on dreadnought. I'm not sure whether you said that I should give all the Termies LCs or not. Either way I'll try it out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah sorry,

1 termichamp with CF and heavy flamer and 3 normal ones with 2 LC's together with Abbadon. Because walking Abbadon is very slow and your opponent can just outmanoeuvre him. But you have a lot of points just in one place. But for me this is the only way in which you can use Abbadon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i'v been using abaddon in a landraider with 4 termi champs of slaanesh with lightning claws to great effect, I5, 4A, rending... suits all occasions! i'd drop the sorcerer, just not cool and the points could be better spent (warptime, daemon prince)... I'd also consider making the plasma squad up to a 7 man plague squad, just for added protection from overheating.. personal preference and all that though. and i know a lot of players will disagree but you can never go wrong with thousand sons esp if you know your playing marines :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks fine to me, you'll probably want to turn the 3x oblits into 2 2x oblit squads! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying not to stray too far towards cult troops, even though I know Black Legion actually use all Cult selections. I have to take down a lot of these threads though, because i've already decided on going Nurgle and these really aren't relevant any more. Thanks for all the help anyways

1 - 7 of 7 Posts