Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bloodthirster
-Obsidian Armour
-Firestorm Blade
-Immortal Hunger
= 550
I plan to just sledgehammer with this guy. He is tailored to take out characters in all honesty. 8th seems to place alot of importance on the general...so, this is my answer. 7 attacks at str7 with re-rolls to hit, no regeneration.

Khorne Herald
-Firestorm Blade
-Armour of Khorne
-Juggernaught
= 190
This guy will either be alone or in a bloodcrusher unit. Using him as a flank charger.

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270
A solid 'Fuck with me not' army line, but I'm open to suggestions. I did think of dropping them to 18 strong and running them all in 3x6 instead of 4x5

5 Flesh hounds
= 175
These things look pretty tasty on one flank, so Thats where they will go!

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140
I wasn't sure if a unit of 4 would be better than 2 units of 2. Planned to use them together as a pair, making them a little harder to outmanuver, and should one fly off due to frenzy, the other will still be viable and not leaving me with no power support.

Total 2005.

What do people think? Sorry it's a bit rushed.

Newish to Daemons. So could anyone offer some advice? I'd rather not get another god involved, but I'd be happy to consider Furies as a screen or a DP if peple think they are worth?
Oh what the hell, cheeky unit of flamers maybe?

·
Registered
97 Posts
IMO I would take skulltaker instead of a herald but if you want you could take both but you'd have to get rid of one of the bloodcrushers and the herald would only have 10 pts spare for gifts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Bloodthirster
-Obsidian Armour
-Firestorm Blade
-Immortal Hunger
= 550
I plan to just sledgehammer with this guy. He is tailored to take out characters in all honesty. 8th seems to place alot of importance on the general...so, this is my answer. 7 attacks at str7 with re-rolls to hit, no regeneration.

Khorne Herald
-Firestorm Blade
-Armour of Khorne
-Juggernaught
= 190
This guy will either be alone or in a bloodcrusher unit. Using him as a flank charger.

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270
A solid 'Fuck with me not' army line, but I'm open to suggestions. I did think of dropping them to 18 strong and running them all in 3x6 instead of 4x5

5 Flesh hounds
= 175
These things look pretty tasty on one flank, so Thats where they will go!

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140
I wasn't sure if a unit of 4 would be better than 2 units of 2. Planned to use them together as a pair, making them a little harder to outmanuver, and should one fly off due to frenzy, the other will still be viable and not leaving me with no power support.

Total 2005.

What do people think? Sorry it's a bit rushed.

Newish to Daemons. So could anyone offer some advice? I'd rather not get another god involved, but I'd be happy to consider Furies as a screen or a DP if peple think they are worth?
Oh what the hell, cheeky unit of flamers maybe?
I'd drop the firestorm blade on the Bloodthirster. With the nerf to regen and the inclusion of the dragonshelm (+1 to armour and 2+ ward vs flaming), flaming attacks are much less important. 7 attacks with rerolls to hits should serve you just fine, even if they do have regen. Same thing for the Herald. He's already strong enough.

Your bloodletters need heralds /w armour of khorne imo (for hatred). With only 1 attack each, you NEED the attacks to hit to hopefully thin the return attacks or break ranks to deny stubborn.

In a bigger game I would include the bloodcrushers but at this point level probably not. Throw in a unit of flamers instead.

Edit: I am also currently selling 1 Forgeworld Deamon Prince of Khorne (Bloodthirster), 2 Forgeworld Heralds of Khorne, 20 bloodletters, and 6 really nicely painted flamers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bloodthirster
-Obsidian Armour
-Firestorm Blade
-Immortal Hunger
= 550

What I've found over the last few games is that a Great Daemon can no longer break a unit :'( sad as it is but because the enemy rank and file unit is now stubborn against such a monster there is no place for a Greater daemon in 2k as it has such a high points cost...

Khorne Herald
-Firestorm Blade
-Armour of Khorne
-Juggernaught
= 190

First of all please remember that every army list should now have an ABS in it, daemons always should of, it helps so much with instability tests you would not imagine. Also as you could be needing an anti-lord/hero model I would suggest a Herald of Khorne in Obsidian Armour, goodbye Swords of Kill-killyness :D

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

20 Bloodletters
-FC
= 270

In the new rules more and more enemies will have steadfast, you need to counter it, what I have done is started have units of 30 core daemons. THIS WORKS. To start with the enemy you face will be very scared of a unit of 30 bloodletters, let alone 3 each with a Herald in :) Good call on the full command :eek:k:

5 Flesh hounds
= 175

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140

2 Bloodcrushers
= 140

If you're looking for a Khornate army then I think the Bloodcrushers and/or Flesh Hounds should be staying, they are good at killing any pesky skirmishers or the like and can happily join in the combat res with the bigger units of Bloodletters :) I would have a unit of one of these on each flank. The Flesh hounds have more attacks and wounds and are faster, but Bloodcrushers are a lot tougher and stronger yet if you did include them I would increase the unit to 3 models

Happy Hunting :)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, should I merge the 3 units of Bloodletters to form 2 units of 30, Drop the Blood thirster and pickup another herald (with a standard) and Grab Skulltaker, and use leftover points to either invest in more Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers?

Would they be Viable changes?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get rid of the Bloodthurster, add the Herald with ABS, add Skulltaker. Drop a unit of Bloodcrushers and add a Bloodcrusher to the other unit. Use any left over point to increase the unit sizes of the Bloodletters, you do still need 3 ranked up units or you'll get outnumbered, badly.

Go get some skulls :)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, thank you.

And with the new percentages, a Daemon army at 2k can't take a fully tooled up Bloodthirster? Oops, GWs first fuck up of 8th then....shame they didn't take every detail into account.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hmm, thank you.

And with the new percentages, a Daemon army at 2k can't take a fully tooled up Bloodthirster? Oops, GWs first fuck up of 8th then....shame they didn't take every detail into account.
Oh, I'm sure they actually did. I can't take a tooled-out dragonlord at 2000 points in 8th, and I figure they're wanting to see less of those as well.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I think the lack of tooled BTs in 2k games may well be one of the reasons that GW picked 25% as a limit for lords- daemon nerf is at the heart of the 8th ed rulebook and thats a huge one (plus no Kairos)... Really the only other single characters that break 500pts are the massively powerful SCs and the strongest Dragons (but if playing HE you can always just downgrade to a lesser dragon).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts