55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the princes have
power armor, wings, mastery lvl 3 and spell familiars
the csm have
1 10man unit with VotLW, MoT, plasmagun, autocannon,combiplas, power maul
2 6man units with VotLW, MoT, Icon of Flame, Meltagun, Powerfist
the cultists have MoT, 8autoguns, flamer, shotgun
the predator has twinlink lascannon, lascannon sponsons, combimelta, deamonic possesion, destroyer blades

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
with 4 deamon princes the predator is just redundant...drop it in favor of more cultists and a cheap lord to make them fearless. that way while your princes are off doing their thing you wont have to worry to much about holding objectives.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are all the models i have is what i mean
except for a few more cultists
also i play often against a greyknights player who favors mecs
recently he put a rino and land raider in a 700pt game
i will keep the pred because it has preformed well in the past

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
again..with 4 flying monstrous creatures you should have no trouble with a mec list..
your cultist are easy to run off the table, if you want to be able to win objectively you need to hold them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i updated my list to this
2daemon princes
lucius the eternal
sorcerer of tzeentch, combibolter, aodg, ml3, spell familiar, votlw
10 cultists, mark of slaanesh, flamer, shotgun, 8autoguns
10 csm with combiplas, 2plasmagun, powerfist, votlw, mark of tzeentch, icon of flame
5 csm with combimelta, meltagun, powerfist, votlw, mark of tzeentch, icon of flame
6 thousand sons
3 chaos spawn of tzeentch
hellbrute, multimelta, heavyflamer pf
predator, combibolter, combimelta, possesion, havoc launcher, gargoyles, lascannon sponsons, twinlinked lascannon

this list doesnt have all my princes but will hopefully be stronger because of it

·
Registered
432 Posts
squads of 5 csm are usually pretty useless, marking cultists is also pretty pointless unless you can afford them, in which case i found nurgle marked cultists are pretty fun. Also, in the rules, you are limited to a maximum of 2 HQ choices, so unless you are playing by different rules, you need to either scrap a DPrince, or Lucius, or your sorcerer. I found 1 DP is usually enough to ruin someone's day, or life. Lvl3 with power armour, wings, black mace and a spell familiar, 1 spell in Tz lore and then biomancy for the other 2. votlw is also pointless unless you plan on playing space marines and have the transport to get them into close combat. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts