Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made this list to join in a tourny coming up and just wanted feedback on it, and i know that some people are not big fans of the assassin and inquisitor(im looking at you HOBO :spiteful:) but, its worked well for me so far and i have done a good job not to let the enemy get a free kill point.

I originaly had 3 LR's in the list at a cost of smaller GK squads but that made it to fragile so i took that out and added a few more things in and it seem decent to me.

6 GKT with GM-470
-mastercrafted weapon
-psycannon
-incinerator
-icon of just
-hammerhand
-1 TH/SS

6 GKT-301
-hammerhand

Inquisitor-20

Eversore Assassin-95

9 GK-275
-psycannon
-melta bombs

9 GK-275
-psycannon
-melta bombs

LRC-258
-smoke
-ea

LRC-258
-smoke
-ea

Total=1952

Im not sure what else to add in so if anyone could give their 2 cents it be great.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Why a spiteful emoticon..I don't have a spiteful bone in my body. And I actually like Inquisitors..a lot, just not Assassins.

For a Tourney list I think you have spent far too many points on the GKT's, and if you're not taking LR's then you need to have some IST's with 2 Meltaguns screaming around in Rhinos to give you some more anti-armour..

I would only take the GM & Retinue, and drop the Elite GKT Squad to get either more GK Squads and/or the IST's, because you only have 2 Troop choices at 2K, which is not enough.

Hell, even the Inquisitor could take a MM Servitor and drive around in a Rhino, and actually achieve something other than just sitting there doing squat.

Feel free to ignore me if you like...I could care less quite frankly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
at 2000 points you have 4 squads, inquisitor with no upgrades and an assassin, no anti tank no tanks yourself.

it been a long time since ive played DH so i dont exactly know whats what but my advice is to give up or start again

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would tend to agree with Hobo. Twelve GKTs looks cool on the battlefield, but is very expensive (He/she didn't say that last bit, but you get what I mean). I would drop one lot and also the assassin (yes, they are cool, but they are also expensive, so you need to be very confident of it taking out over 100 points of enemy before it dies) and get a few more troops choices, anti tank and transport... and a retinue for your Inquisitor (she's a little exposed).

Just my thoughts. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew i had forgotten something, those 2 LRC's for the termies. and dont worry HOBO im just messin with you. now with those two LRC's added what do you guys think?

·
Registered
128 Posts
.... now with those two LRC's added what do you guys think?
Still stand by the "too many Termies and insufficient troops" theme of my comment :), but it is a relief to see the LR's. If you are adamant about the termies and assassin, at least put an HK missile on each LR (at 15 points each, you still come in under the 2K), but that is putting a lot of faith in rolling them well as they are one shot deals.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Its okie, but I still agree with everyone else. Too many grey knight terminators. I would suggest drop the second unit. Get a squad of IST with melta guns in a rhino. With the leftover points I think you can get some guys for your Inquisitor with meltaguns and a rhino as well. Provide more of that anti tank you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts