Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, here's a go at Salamanders, which'll hopefully be my new army. v2.0 up.

Salamanders
2000 points​

HQ: 290

1 Forgefather Vulkan He’Stan 190
1 Librarian 100
w/ Null Zone, Gate of Infinity

ELITES: 950

5 Assault Terminators 440
w/ Land Raider Redeemer
1 Venerable Dreadnought 200
w/ Multi-Meta, Storm Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Drop Pod
10 Sternguard Veterans 310
w/ 3 Combi-Meltas, 2 Combi-Flamer Drop Pod

TROOPS: 675

10 Tactical Marines 210
w/ Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Rhino
10 Tactical Marines 235
w/ Meltagun, Multi-Meta, Sergeant w/ Power Fist, Drop Pod
10 Tactical Marines 235
w/Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant w/ Power Fist, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT: 85

1 Predator 85
w/ Autocannon, side sponsons w/ heavy bolters

The Venerable Dreadnought is staying, by the way. :crazy:

-BoK

·
Registered
361 Posts
i find that for 2000 pts you dont have very many models on the boards and if you are useing vulkan then you need to make the most of his rules and get as many melta's in there as possible.

your army seems very mecanised as well with just about everything in a transport aprt from vulkan, lib and your devistators. while this is fine for your devys they can give covering fire as such but your powerfull hq choices will be left beind the rest of your army and there for be of little use IMO.
you are also lacking ainti inf wepons maybe refit your pread for that job ? also i allways stick extra armour on my tanks that are transporting troops into CC but thats just me.

hope that helps

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vulkan goes with the Assault Terminators. The Librarian goes with the Sternguard in the Drop Pod.

I'll change the Side-Sponsons on the Predator from Lascannons to Heavy Bolters, maybe drop the Lascannons on the top as well? :eek:k:

Spare Points will probably go towards extra armour.

Thanx.

-BoK

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Okay, here's a go at Salamanders, which'll hopefully be my new army.

Salamanders
2000 points

HQ: 290

1 Forgefather Vulkan He’Stan 190
1 Librarian 100
w/ Smite, Avenger

ELITES: 765

5 Assault Terminators 440
w/ Land Raider Redeemer
1 Venerable Dreadnought 165
5 Sternguard Veterans 160
w/ Drop Pod

TROOPS: 630

10 Tactical Marines 210
w/ Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Rhino
10 Tactical Marines 210
w/ Meltagun, Multi-Meta, Rhino
10 Tactical Marines 210
w/ Meltagun, Multi-Meta, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT: 315

1 Predator 165
w/ twin-linked lascannons, side sponsons w/ lascannons
5 Devastators 150
w/ 4 Missile Launchers
I can see what you are doing but i wonde riof you are using them as Salamanders or Marines in green.
First i must ask what weapons the venrable has. I knwo you won't remove it(and having faced one for the first time yesterday i know how awsume they can be) but knowing what weapons it has will help.

Any way the rest of the list. The Dev's don't really add anything to the army as meltas will do the same job but even better and are here a waste of points. Also i notice that not a single marine has a Flamer or Sternguard having no combi-weapons. Having a 1 shot twin-linked melta is really powerful and you need atleast 1 flamer for any horde armys you might fight.
So here is what i suggest,
- Remove the whole Dev unit as they add almost nothing to the army,
- Swap out the Meltagun for a Flamer in the missile Marine unit for a little more anti-horde as this army lacks the ample templates that most Sal armys have.
- Take a few more sternguard. I find that between 8-10 is good for a drop pod and you want atleast 3 Combi-meltas. I use 10 with Lysander in my army and i have 4 of the things. You can forgo and power wepaons for your sergeant tho as sternguard would probbaly prefure to shoot than assault.
- Make sure to take a good choice of wepaons for you Venrable. Taking a Meltagun with it or a Missile launcher/Auto cannon would make the most out of it and his BS of 5.
- Lastly reconsider your Psychic powers as you can only use Smite OR Avenger. I suggest Avenger(Given the nature of Sal's) and eaither Null Zone, Might of the Anciants or Fore Dome as giving your Landriader a 5+ Invunrable save is pritty awsume tho i won't really be used once he disenbarks. Also if you have the points try and take T-armour for him and storm shield if you can strech to that tho there is not dire need.

I hope that has helped atleast some what.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's a good start.

The Sternguard really should be at max size and your Librarian needs Null Zone and Gate of Infinity. Give them combi-meltas and combi-flamers so you can threaten any target upon the drop and use Null Zone to make their shooting better and Gate to avoid assault. Dropping 10 Sternies in somebody's face will do some damage or force them into reserve, either way works for your termies.

Venerable is kinda meh. A normal Dread works just as well. If you're walking, go dual TLAC to bust up armor.

Triple las Preds are too expensive. Go autolas to bust transports or AC/HB to stay cheap.

Devvies can work, but it helps to have Tactical demi-squads back with them as support.

Some MM/HF Speeders would help a lot here.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just going to update the thread with v2.0. I've given one Tactical Squad a Drop Pod, 2 Power Fists, the Pread autocannon and HBS, the veterans increased to 10 with 3 Combi-Meltas and 2 Combi-Flamers, the Venerable Dread a Drop Pod, Librarian with Null Zone and GOI.

-BoK

·
Registered
22 Posts
looking perfect now dude, got few tips but no idea where to get the points from. give the dred a heavy flamer and give the LR a MM but thats 20 point in the mid air. other than that looking rly good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts