(8) Khorne Berserkers: 213
-Skull Champ w/Power Fist
-Personal Icon

Heavy Support:

Land Raider w/DP, Havoc Launcher : 255

(2) Obliterators: 150

Total: 1969

Edit: Tactics
Putting the Zerkers in the LR, and Deepstriking the Termies + Typhus. Probably gonna outflank with the Chosen to pop a vehicle i decide i dont like.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would go for 3 rhinos. You could get them at retail for like 30 dollars a piece or find other places for cheaper. :biggrin:

As far as your list goes...I would first off, make my Chosen naked with 5 meltaguns, and drop the champ. These are pretty much a suicide unit with the capability to take out anything. This is how I run mine:

5 Chosen w/5 Meltaguns in a Rhino - 175
(btw your numbers for these guys are a bit off, and I don't think Rhinos can take heavy bolters)

For your Plague Marines, they are petty good. I would suggest dropping down to 7 (Nurgle's Number for fluff) I run 7 in my squads and they seem to work well. Also, I like the plasmas on these guys since they have FNP, but some people might argue that you should run Melta for anti-tank...this is up to you though. =)

Your CSMs look good, too. Only thing I would change is to give them 2 meltaguns instead of the Plasmas. CSMs dont have feel no pain...so they are more likely to fall to "Get's Hot"...plus you can't ever have too much melta in today's Mech Heavy Lists.

Zerkers are great. :biggrin: They need a Rhino along with your other two troops. (That's what I would spend my money on if I was you.)

I don't like Chaos Terminators, personally. Space Marine Termies are WAY better, but oh well. They can work, and they can also fail...Good luck with them. :victory:

Overall, you have start of something that could be really good...RHINOS, RHINOS, RHINOS!!! And after that I would invest in 2 Daemon Princes...because they are just NASTY! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Best thing you could buy for your army is defo some Rhinos, but for your 1st list it's good :D

I think your better off with the KB's in the Land raider, CSM in the Rhino and infiltrate the chosen, chosen can do more out of a rhino than CSM.
The land raider will help you get your KB's into combat, and seeing as you gave your Kb's an icon, you can run KB's Into combat and deepstrike Typhus and the termies within 6 inches of the KB's with no scatter :D

- Take DP off the rhino and replace it with EA:
Always DP on a LR and EA on a Rhino.

Get the Plasmaguns off the CSM, and i'd proberbly take a lascannon and a melta, or 2 meltas, depending on what you intend them to do.

Same with the Plague Marines, drop the Plasma and take 2 meltaguns

Not sure how many points this leaves you, but with any remaining, juggle the chosen's weapons around, see what more you can use them for. But if not leave them as that, they'll make fine tank-busters

Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
ROT makes a good point. Put those Zerkers in the LR. Then you only need 2 Rhinos! Then you could take Kharn instead of that Sorc. That would be a pretty nasty close combat squad!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Should be testing it out this Thursday, if i can get those damn metal Plague Marines glued together. :headbutt:
Haha! I've actually never used the real Plague Marines...I feel like the normal CSMs are so easily converted...that's what I've always used. But hurry and get them assembled and play!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yeah, if your using my suggestion, i'd love to hear how it works out!!

Happy gaming! :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks like I'm late to the party!:laugh: Tell us how this list does!:eek:k:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Was reading this one more time and was thinking about this...I wouldnt say change it before Thursday...but just food for thought. The goal is to get one more Obliterator in the list....plus add Kharn in the LR with the Zerkers.

Try switching the Sorc to Kharn.

Lose the IoCG off the Chosen and give them naked rhino.

Take off the Havoc Launcher from the LR.

Not sure if this is enough points to give you 75 left over...I dont have my codex with me at the moment. But if its not, you could think about making one of the champs a regular Termie.

Just an idea...I feel like Kharn is soo good, and would be sick with the Zerkers in a Rhino. And you can NEVER have enough Obliterators. You have the extra Heavy spot to make 1 Oblit a loner so he can fire at something else. Just an idea. I'm still looking to hear how the list does for you!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Have you ever used kharn bix?

I've used him in every game for the last 20 odd, and he only really shows up to 1/4 of them... He certainly not worth switching a whole list around for his sake.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you ever used kharn bix?

I've used him in every game for the last 20 odd, and he only really shows up to 1/4 of them... He certainly not worth switching a whole list around for his sake.
I don't use him regularly no. I have used him twice in the recent 10 or so friendly games I played and he did amazing both times. Once he was in a Rhino and the other time he was in a LR with a squad of Zerkers...they got the assualt on a terminator squad and demolished them. But those termies didn't have TH/SS...hmmm...why do you say he doesn't show up for you often?

EDIT: I wasn't saying he should switch around...just was throwing an idea out there...I guess it was more for my own sake than anything...I feel like it would be fun to try out. :biggrin:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question: how effective are Wings for a Sorc/Lord if i dont have any other jump infantry? I got the $90 Battleforce like two weeks ago and just realised that the Possessed came with two extra pairs of wings.
My initial thought was a Lord w/ a good CC wep (maybe daemon or PF) who could jump around to take out high value targets.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Mmm, dosn't really work that way death, a Lord need's body guards, generally in the same armour, and generally in a transport.

It's a tough call really, but they wont just 'jump around' and kill big things. They would get killed far to easily. especially alone.

and Bix... i dunno, whenever i play special characters, they never perform there point's worth, it's terrible. Kharn will often kill more of my own, than of what hes assaulting... Maybe i'm just really unlucky. but i hate blaming dice. I just roll 1's insanely alot.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I understand. If you are killing off your own dudes, I could see how you don't like fielding him. In the past two games of mine, he didn't kill any of my guys...I guess it was pretty lucky though. :biggrin:

Have you thought of buying new dice?! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
It's not that i don't reccommend fielding him, i will never stop fielding him, because he's to fluffy not to, and i like him. But i wouldn't reccommend him as an army leader ^.^

Leave that for a Lord/DP or Abaddon.

I think of kharn as an extra.

and @ Deathscythe. To add onto my last post, If your going to run a lord, i reccommend taking 4 termies in your army aswell, and a DW is always good :D Rolling for +d6 attacks is fucking tight all the time. unless you roll epic 1s like me ^.^

BIX: You reminded me, i always use my mates dice... because i tend to forget mine... ITS THOSE LOYALIST DICE. ARGH

·
Registered
477 Posts
Kharn is sick for his points cost.. On saturday he was charged by an Ork Warboss and Zagstruk plus a bunch of nobs and despite losing every berserker he killed them both and took out quite a few nobs..

Then i had another zerk squad charge in on my turn and kill off the remaining nobs before any of them got a chance to hit him again.. Kharn just laughed as he cleaved a couple more berserkers open then ran off looking for another target..

As it was I had run out of turns.. haha

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well last game Kharn got beat in a 1 on 1 by an Ogryn. I charged.

and thats normal for me with Kharn.

Mind you, that same game i lost 12 berserkers to a single flamer, from a IG guardsmen. Abaddon and 4 termie champs vs 3 termies and a chaplain. And kharn also killed about 6 zerkers.

such a fucking joke.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can you even fit 12 berserkers under a flamer template? If he fired it twice then you should be ashamed..

Kharn losing against an Ogryn on the charge is mathematically insane. If I were you.. I would take up chess.. You dont roll dice... :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts