Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive just finished writing this army list and was wondering what flaws there were in it and weather it could combat multiple difrent types of armies
HQ - 310
Ghazghkull - 225
Big Mek, Kustom force field - 85

Troops - 1029
20 Slugga Boyz, nob with PK and Boss Pole - 160
12 Shoota Boyz, nob with PK and Boss Pole - 112
Trukk - 35
Trukk - 35
10 Grots, Runtheard - 40
6 Meganobs - 320
Battlewagon, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135

Elites
15 Burna Boyz - 225

Heavy Support - 405
3 Battlewagons, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135 each

Total = 1969 31 points spare

·
4,491 Posts
Drop a Meganob or 2 to bring the 2 units of Boyz with Trukks up to 12 models, and have the Nob in both these units with a Power Klaw and Bosspole.

Also, i would highly recommend adding in some Lootas.

·
4,491 Posts
Even just a squad of 8 would help a lot.
Dropping 1 more Meganob, perhaps 3 Burnas, and dropping 1 of the Big Shootas of a Battlewagon would give you enough points to fit in a unit of 8 Lootas.
For an average of 16 autocannon shots per turn, i think its worth it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HQ - 310
Ghazghkull - 225
Big Mek, Kustom force field - 85

Troops - 989
Trukk - 35
Trukk - 35
10 Grots, Runtheard - 40
5 Meganobs - 200
Battlewagon, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135

Elites - 300
12 Burna Boyz - 180
8 Lootas - 120

Heavy Support - 400
2 Battlewagons, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135 each
Battlewagons, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, Big Shootas - 130

Total = 1999

·
Registered
434 Posts
Personally I have only two thoughts about the army list

I play Orks too I used Meganobs before they can hurt that I do not deny but they never wreak enough stuff to make up there points having them in a battlewagon is good but I if going up against Guard I would want to close with the gun line ASAP. I would take a
6-10 Ork Nob squad with pimped out gear and in a truck if you can hide it behind something and then go turbo boosting you can close fast. They get a round of shooting at you at close range but you have a decent save for turboing and then again the battlewagon is just as likely to get shot up

The Second Is Ghazghkull he is a killing machine. But personally he costs to much for me a Warboss can do decently in his place and you have plenty of points left over for boyz.

The Rest if good these are just suggestions
Vs Guard though like the one you meantioned above fast attack is your best bet Rear armour hits from Deffcopters twin linked rokkits really hurt sometimes

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why People would put a power claw on every Nob is beyond me :scratchhead:

I just meant to give them Eavy Armor and Big Choppas for +2 str that stuff if you want to nuts and get a painboy. When there pimped out they can be Better then a Smaller mega nob unit and you fit more into a trukk. Just dont make them so Expensive its not "A you must do it" thing I've just tried both and tend to find Normal Nobs work better a lot of the time its the fact they that dont need power Claws to win. When they have Big choppas its Str 7 on the charge anywho and they still can take initiative, provided there not Vsing like a primarch with some high Initiative value.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i see your point but in a trukk they are easy prey to heavy weapons once thats gone there easy meat for the gunline
Thats what Im talking about though a trukk can Turbo 24' inches a battlewagon can not my trukk's can get me to battle or up to their gun line in about 1-3 turn depending on terrian placment. My Battlewagon takes 3-4 gives the bad guys much more shooting space, VS heavy weps like Lascannons it still goes down about half way or 3/4s the way there if this Guard guy ur playing has Exicutioners I wouldnt even bother feilding a battlewagon, trukk on the other hand is expendable and much cheaper.

That and nobs can make full movment and not have to roll for slow and purposeful
Sorry It feels like Im ranting, Just trying put stuff out there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts