Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be playing a 1v2 game with this list, not sure against what armies so i just went for something that's balanced and can defend as well as assualt

Vulkan-190

Terminator Assault Squad-200

Land Raider Crusader-260
Multi-melta

Sternguard-185
Drop pod, power weapon, 2x combi-melta

Tactical Squad-180
10 man, Ml, flamer, combi-flamer

Razorback-75
Las-plas

Tactical Squad-180

Razorback-75
Las-plas

Tactical Squad-180

Razorback-75
Las-plas

Predator-120
Autocannon, Lascannon sponsons

Vindicator-115

Vindicator-115

What do you guys think? I dont have much experience with land raiders and terminators so any advice is greatly appreciated. The tacticals will hold the line and take objectives while laying down fire with the razors. The predator is there to pop armour and the vindicators are there to herd the enemy onto the part of the table that I want them to be. The plan is to break up the attacking armies with the vindis and take out the pockets of resistance with the land raider and terminators. If need be (and it will probably come to this), the flamer combat squads can run in, torch something and then die. The sternguard are there to drop in on the first turn on the opponents deployment zone as far away as possible from the enemy assaulter so they cant be taken out as fast. hopefully they can pop some armour and take out some of the long range firepower, as well as forcing my opponents to dedicate part of their armies to destroying them, meaning that they wont be able to do much to the rest of my army.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The Termie squad is going to be the main focus of your army. Without a second LR you can fit in more support, but you are relying heavily on it. It's best to build an army that can take care of itself should the Raider get popped/immobilized.

Drop 10 full Sternguard in a Pod and you'll have a good unit for alpha strikes or just to hold things up. Add a Librarian with Gate of Infinity and Null Zone to boost their damage output and help them avoid getting charged. Add more combi-meltas, some combi or heavy flamers and upgrade to a PF. You don't have combat tactics, so you'll get stuck in combat.

I'd swap either the combi or flamer for a melta. Versatility is handy.

Vindies I'd leave at home. You drop Sternguard in your opponent's face then roll up Termies, so dropping S10 AP2 pie plates near them is usually a bad idea. Pick up some MM/HF Speeders to take advantage of Vulkan's chapter tactics as well as a Pred or two to help against transports.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think Chumbalaya is dead on. I would take meltas and combi flamers in the tac squads. Add a combi flamer to your sternguard. Drop them on the far side of one of his vehicles. Use it to shield you from return fire and then nuke it for cover.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm not keen on your sternguard. Firstly they're the only unit in a pod so they'll drop down bail out shoot some infantry or maybe pop a tank with combi meltas and then die. Also they're meant for shooting, not assault, so I'd drop the power weapon.

Rest isn't too bad but you lack multi meltas and that single land raider will become a target and could be easily dealt with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts