Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Haven't had too much practice with 7th edition as of yet, but going to be attending my local stores tourny in a few weeks and so I came up with 2 lists I thought I'd get some feedback on since I feel like Daemons have changed a lot since the new edition came out. Any advice as always is greatly appreciated, let me know which of the two you guys prefer and if you have any good tactics I may not be thinking about or any changes that would make either list more efficient. Thanks in advance.

List 1-

HQ-
Fateweaver
Herald of Slaanesh- ML2
Herald of Slaanesh- ML2
Herald of Tzeentch- ML3, Disc, Grimoire

Troops-
Daemonettes-x20
Daemonettes-x20
Pink Horrors-x12
Pink Horrors-x12

Fast Attack-
Screamers of Tzeentch-x9

Heavy Support-
Soul Grinder- DoS, Baleful Torrent

CSM Allies-

HQ-
Be'lakor

Troops-
Chaos Cultists-x10

Idea with this list, is not to summon really but use warp charges for only buffs.
The tzeentch herald goes with the screamers followed by be'lakor close behind. In the movement phase, grim goes on one of the Daemonette squads which has a herald. In the psychic phase, belakor casts shrouded for the screamers for a 2+ cover save after jinking. Lastly he casts invisibility on the other daemonette squads. Hopefully one of the 2 slaanesh heralds also obtains invisibility just incase, and fateweaver stays with be'lakor for shrouding benefit. Plan is to have everyone rush in pretty much, and have the pink horrors summon flesh hounds or more daemonettes, as they are just there for more warp charges.

List 2-

HQ-
Fateweaver
Herald of Tzeentch- ML3
Herald of Tzeentch- ML3
Herald of Tzeentch- ML3, Disc, Grimoire

Troops-
Pink Horrors-x12
Pink Horrors-x12
Pink Horrors-x12

Fast Attack-
Screamers of Tzeentch-x9
Fleshhounds-x15

HQ-
Be'lakor

Troops-
Chaos Cultists-x10

Invisibility on the hounds, grim on the screamers, shrouding is for fateweaver mainly or it could go the other way with shrouding for the screamers. There is some flex room in terms of these buffs, just in case one doesn't go off. Whatever warp charges i have left will go towards summoning new daemonettes with the disc tzeentch as he will be closer to the action, so they won't have to run as much. The pink horrors if i have any charges left will summon heralds and more horrors, one that can hopefully get possession.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like both lists, but my preference goes to the first one. More chances to roll invisibility is great to get those daemons on the other side.

I do wonder though why you put Be'Lakor in as an ally with cultists? Those cultists look a bit like dead weight and Be'Lakor can be bought for chaos daemons? Of course I might be missing something.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Seems a bit weird to me as well, though it is a cheep troop choice I guess.
Though in both lists there are enough troops to use 2 FOC (changing those cultists and maybe a hound or 2 to get an extra horror squad.

Personally having done the math I am also not a fan of summoner armies, though as you said if you are just using the units to generate dice then it could be ok. BUT you are burning a lot of points on what effectively are expensive Imperial Guard with Walky Talkys rather than guns.
If you can I would try to get either Bastions with 4heavy bolters facing forward each to mean they can do something while generating those dice. Or Aegis so they can hide with 2+ cover saves while sitting their doing nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
At my store's tourny, we aren't allowed to bring multiple FoC's so I allied in CSM with belakor as the HQ and the cultists are a relatively cheap troop tax for 50 points.

As for the horrors the main thing I'm worried about is them being hit with barrage turn 1, so even with an aegis a wyvern would do away with them which is kind of why I tried to have multiple units of them instead of one big one that can be concentrated on.

EDIT-

And if i recall correctly, in 7th you can't ally with yourself as your allied detachment apparently must be from a different faction

·
Registered
54 Posts
The first list is a copy paste of Kevin Rogers list he plans on bringing to Nova if I recall correctly. Don't know if its coincidental or not, but that basically ensures success.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The first list is a copy paste of Kevin Rogers list he plans on bringing to Nova if I recall correctly. Don't know if its coincidental or not, but that basically ensures success.
I definitely use a lot of Kevin's advice and strategies from his blog. The first list is a variation on one of his lists when 7th edition just came out but i think he is going in a whole different direction now.

I did try the list against a friend with AM, and one thing i noticed was that fateweaver really doesn't do much in 7th anymore with limitations on warp charge, so he really does nothing as most of the charges go into buffs. He essentially flies off the board and thats about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts