Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played this list at the my FLGS last night and found it to be quite entertaining. I know it doesn't have much tourney potential as it lacks a fourth troops choice and doesn't feature the beloved four horsemen of cheestasticness, but instead only 2 of them made it... Zerkers and Oblits. The list is not fluffy, as I have both Noise Marines and Khorne Bersekers in the list together. I think the list will work just fine in many situations, it is set up to take down Teq-GEQ with out much difficulty. Please don't continue to knock me for using Chaos Dreadnoughts. I find rollign to see whether or not the bastard is shooting the nearest model(even friendly ones) x2 or if he gets to gain fleet and charge into the fray. Noise Marines, Havocs, and oblits provide ample fire support for the Berserkers and Standard Melta toting Chaos Space marines, while the chosen can inflitrate and make short work of enemy armor. The Dreads and Daemon price provide an amazing 3 man sponge (I guees people don't like bigger models) The Chaos Lord of course rides along with his litte groupie Bersekers and I have considered swapping him out for Khârn considering they cost the exact same amount. I honestly don't mind using either one nor do I truly prefer one to the other. I just flip a coin at the beginning of the match.

Prince - 155 points
Wings, Warptime

Lord - 165 points
Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Combi-Melta
-or-
Khârn - 165 points

Chosen(6) - 193 points
x4 melta, Powerfist

Chaos Dreadnought - 105 points
Multimelta, Heavy flamer

Plasma Cannon

Chaos Space Marines(10) - 270 points
Champ, Combi-melta, Powerfist, x2 Melta, Rhino, Extra Armor

Noise Marines(6) - 285 points
Champ, Doom Siren, Power Weapon, x4 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Rhino, Extra Armor

Khorne Berzerkers(7) - 237 points
Champ, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor

Obliterators(2) - 150 points

Chaos havocs(5) - 185 points
X2 Missile Laucher, X2 Lascannon

Chaos Havocs(5) - 150 points
X2 Missile Launcher, Autocannon, Heavy Bolter

If you feel the need to give me constructive critism, do so, as long as it is constructive and not "run the quartet or you will lose." I'm open for suggestions on how to improve the units listed, even perhaps some minor tactical discussion about how the units could possibly mesh together would be great.

The way I look at it, I can use my havocs & Oblits to lay down a wall of fire, then hopely pin a squad with my noice marines, and then of course while they are pinned assault them with the zerkers &/or the Noise marines. Meanwhile my dreads can focus on doing what they do best, mayhem... and my prince can use a rhino as cover until he gets close enough to CC something. Of course with the lord riding with the berzerkers, they pretty much will blow stuff away in combat most of the time. so hopefully they will just tie up in combat so they can finish it during the other players assault phase and then conslidate hopefully to cover.

Do you think this list has enough all around potential?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id rather see vindicators instead of havocs...extra points can buff up the zerkers / NMs

but i run vindicators all the time

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to run vindi's i'm just waiting for the bits, after all that is why i magnetized my 3 predators completely... so I could pull them apart to make vindi's and rhinos with a few simple swaps.

My issue is that I encountered several vindi's and I generally kill them before they even get close enough to harm me. So I figure that most likely the same would happen to me if I decided to use them. 2 squads of long fangs with split fire can easily kill all 3 turn one. I run havocs so i can put them in cover and shoot things at a distance. One squad 2ML/2LC the other 2ML/AC/HB makes one for anti tank, the other for anti horde. And if it comes down to it, I can use both havoc squads against a unit of termies and still possibly end up gunning them down before they get to me. I love parkign my Noise Marine rhino near my Havocs, that way my NM can take care of dsing termies, etc. with an INI 5, my Noise champion pwnzors non SS/TH termies before they get an attack in with his power weapon. I've tossed around the idea of foot slogging Noise Marines too, but I feel doing so would cripple my chances of victory.

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
The only thing I'd really suggest is redoing the NM squad. Either drop the blastmaster or the champ. Running a blastmaster makes the squad not want to move and sit back a fire, making the champ useless. Or the squad is in cc kicking arse with the champ, but the blastmaster is unable to shoot and ultimately useless. There's not much of a balance between the two to make use of the point cost of each. Picking one or the other really helps save a few points and have a specialized squad.

Hope this helps. ^_^

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I'd really suggest is redoing the NM squad. Either drop the blastmaster or the champ. Running a blastmaster makes the squad not want to move and sit back a fire, making the champ useless. Or the squad is in cc kicking arse with the champ, but the blastmaster is unable to shoot and ultimately useless. There's not much of a balance between the two to make use of the point cost of each. Picking one or the other really helps save a few points and have a specialized squad.

Hope this helps. ^_^
the blastmaster has the option of being an assault weapon ya know.

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Yes, but for the points, it really shines when being fired every turn, especially the heavy mode.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the point cost of the blastmaster really isn't worth spending if you assault. Also, running a champ like that in such a small squad can be very risky and cause you to waste the immense amount of points dumped into them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd say drop the Heavy Bolter on the 2nd Havoc squad and add another autocannon instead. Heavy Bolter is only better than the AC on GeQ or lower, and is useless against vehicles. You don't want to be wasting that heavy weapon whenever that squad has to fire at a vehicle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why wouldn't I want to pin a squad before assaulting it? That is where the Blastmaster is worth keeping on the move. I've certainly considered dropping the the ML/AC/HB havoc squad in order to bring the number of noise marines up to 10... 8 with sonic blasters, 1 with blast master and champ with Siren and power weapon... that would leave me with 50 extra points... that I could turn into 2 more bodies in the havoc squad and turn the powerfist chosen member into a champion so it gets the coveted +1 attack, and possibly I could even throw a couple meltabombs in the chosen squad as well.

Basically the list after modifications would be

Prince - 155 points
Wings, Warptime

Lord - 165 points
Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Combi-Melta
-or-
Khârn - 165 points

Multimelta, Heavy flamer

Plasma Cannon

Chosen(6) - 223 points
x4 melta, champ w/Powerfist x 4 meltabombs

Chaos Space Marines(10) - 270 points
Champ, Combi-melta, Powerfist, x2 Melta, Rhino, Extra Armor

Noise Marines(10) 385 points
x8 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Champ, power weapon, Doom Siren, Rhino, EA

Khorne Berzerkers(7) - 237 points
Champ, Powerfist, Rhino, Extra Armor

Obliterators(2) - 150 points

Havocs(7) 205points
x2ML x2LC

does this list look a little better? I am not sure I like having a squad of 10 dudes with transport costing almost 400 points... its really risky in my opinion. But they will totally pwn after they disembark and grab some cover... I'm keeping the doom siren on the champ because no doubt he will get close enough to use it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The list looks good I would suggest taking Kharn over the Chaos Lord because provides some anti-tank that is lacking in your list. I personally am not a fan of havocs for the less than the same price you could get two obliterators, a defiler, or a Vindicator. I would go for the Defiler for some long range and add two berserkers with the points you save.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts