Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This list is for an up coming tournement at my local gaming store. I have no idea what armys are going to be in there. So please leave a comment once your done reading.:eek:k:

Ghazkull 225 pts

Big mek...KFF 85 pts

15 Lootas...3 meks...KMB 225 pts

30 boyz...nob...klaw...pole...eavy armour 225 pts

30 boyz...same stuff 225 pts

30 boyz...same stuff 225 pts

12 grots...runtherd 46 pts

11 Shoota boyz...big shoota 71 pts (mek goes here)

3 Deff koptas...Rokkits 135 pts

(Troops) Deff Dread...CC arms X2...grot riggers...armour plates 120 pts

Looted Wagon...boomgun...ard case 115 pts

3 Killa Kans...kustom mega blasters 175 pts

Looted wagon...big shoota...ard case...armour plates...red paint 65 pts
(shoota boyz and mek start in here)

Total 1977 pts

This is pretty much a defensive army, not going any where fast. So any ideas about what to do with the extra 33 points? Also Ghazkull goes with one of the boyz squads.

Thanks for any comments:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Orks are not really meant to be a defensive army in my opinion. You want to haul arse as fast as possible to the other side and hopefully get there in enough force to overrun the enemy with this kind of list.

I would drop ghazzy, if he goes into a boyz sqd he will slow them down. heres what i'd do.

drop ghaz and get a warboss w/ eavy armour, cybork body, PK. drop the grots and the EA from the nobs (they dont need it) and beef up the 11 boyz sqd as much as possible and put the warboss with a slugga sqd.

-or-

keep that warboss, drop everything i said above plus the 11 boyz, put the big mek with the kans to run a wall out front and get what nobz you can with a painboy, 2 PKs, waaagh banner, BP, eavy armour & cybork bodies for everyone. its a very lethal unit. another kit out option at this point if you have the points is drop the EA off all them and get the warboss and nobs bikes. this is also a scoring unit.

hope that helps. good luck and happy hunting!

·
Registered
212 Posts
As Blood_Knight said, orks aint defensive at all, they´ll be shot to bits before they can do anything, trust me on that, ork firepower just aint comparable to what other armies have, but what we do have is superior assault power, and enough bodies to throw at em.

Get some Meganobz for Ghazzie, and a battlewagon or two, so you can zhooom over the table and kick ass, delivering a force in the middle of the enemy lines often kick the opponent back to defensive mode, which is what you want, and then either overwhelm him with those BW´s, or you stop him in his tracks and buys you a round or two with Loota shooting, which is all you´ve got thats ranged fire support, except the odd big shoota.

The killa kanz will maybe do something too, but Kustom Megablasta,, not my flavour,veryorky, but useless and expensive.

My biggest suggestion is getting Ghazzie some MANZ and a bw + a bw with boys, to pack a punch in the enemies lines of defense, and get more lootas, when you´re digging in, you need a hail of fire to bring the enemy to rest!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to have a couple of BWs in my army list but right now I either have the cash for my first BW or my first deff dread. So Im kinda split on what I should buy. As for what I said on this army being a defensive army I meant that this a foot sloggers army.

So do you think I should buy a battlewagon or a deff dread?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would recommend the battle wagon from my personal experience, but be warned that it will take alot of the fire during the first turns ( which is where the mek might help) , although that will help the rest of the boys get up the board with limited casualties.

Just be aware though that the squad inside the bw will be completely isolated while the rest try to catch up, so for that reason stick in a slugga/choppa squad in it, to maximise their combat efficency.

As for deffdreads the worry is that it will take way to long to get into a position where it will be of much use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts