Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, after reading the thread on ICs with Snikrot, I made a list that utilizes this.

Ghazghull Thraka
Mad Dok Grotsnik

12 Lootas
12 Lootas
14 Kommandoes-Snikrot,Cybork Bodies

30 Shootas-Nob w/PK
30 Shootas-Nob w/PK
30 Shootas-Nob w/PK

Battlewagon-Grot Riggers,Killkannon
Battlewagon-Grot Riggers,Killkannon

So the lootas go in the wagons, and sit on the flanks blasting things. Ghaz and Grotsnik go with Snikrot, so now you have A unit of Kommandoes with 5++ and FnP. Also, Ghaz and Grotsnik together will destroy almost anything.

Only problem is of course the lack of a KFF, but you may be able to get around that, as long as the wagons are in the back where side shots are difficult to get.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, sneaking in a 17 man killsquad which costs your right and left arm, and sacrificing your chance to get backup in time, footsloggers wont make it, cut 2 down to 20 and pimp up your bw´s abit, and let the lootas do their job shooting from cover, it doesnt affect them, and it takes more than 1 shot to actually ruin a shooting phase.

What I see will happen is: turn 1, one or more of your bw´s are blown to bits
turn 2: Maybe Ghazzie gets in, maybe not. if not you loose your second bw, and your boys are whittled down with all other kinds of fire.

turn 3: Ghazzie gets in! Wooh, he then gets flamed, meltaed, and gunned down to man, 5+ save and FNP aint gonna save him from an entire army at his hands.

And if you meet an enemy with some planning skillz, he will be 13" from the edge, either forcing you to blow your WAAGH, or even further ahead, but then at the risk of your slow moving boys...

Putting half your points in an17 man unit with 1 2+ save, rest 5+ means they´ll be shot to bits.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, I thought of an interesting change to this list.

Ghaz
Grotsnik
14 Lootas
14 Kommandoes-Snikrot,Cybork Bodies
30 Boys-PK Nob
30 Boys-PK Nob
30 Boys-PK Nob
3 Rokkit Kanz
3 Rokkit Kanz
3 Rokkit Kanz

So, without a KFF I doubt the Kan wall would really work, but its an interesting list for sure.

Also the Kommandoes have FnP as well so I don't think they will die that easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They aren't Infiltrating they are ambushing... major difference Snikrot gives the whole unit Ambush... thus he can join them.

And if you meet an enemy with some planning skillz, he will be 13" from the edge, either forcing you to blow your WAAGH, or even further ahead, but then at the risk of your slow moving boys...
you neglected that Grazh gives Slow and Purposeful to any unit he joins. 13 would most likely be safe even from a waaagh!

·
Registered
187 Posts
you neglected that Grazh gives Slow and Purposeful to any unit he joins. 13 would most likely be safe even from a waaagh!
Ghazh, as he is the only man with slow and porposfuland an independant character, has the move through cover so roles 3d6 for movement and his waaaargh outomaticaly gives u a role of a 6 for ur fleet so he should easily make 13"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they can do 13" easy, thats not my main concern. What I'm worried about is the kommandoes not showing up in time, but most of the time they should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts