Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello eldar community wanted to post up a list that i need advice on and here it is...

2000 point Eldar jetbike list

HQ: farseer on jetbike with spirit stone of anu'than, runes of witnessing, and singing spear 150p
farseer on jetbike with singing spear 120p

Troops: 9 windrider jetbikes with 3 shuriken cannons 183p
9 windrider jetbikes with 3 shuriken cannons 183p

3 windrider jetbikes 51p
3 windrider jetbikes 51p

Fast Attack: 9 shining spears with exarch has withdraw, monster hunter, and star lance 265p

8 warp spiders with exarch 162p
8 warp spiders with exarch 162p

crimson hunter exarch 180p
crimson hunter exarch 180p

Heavy Support: nightspinner with crystal targeting matrix and holo-fields 155p
nightspinner with crystal targeting matrix and holo-fields 155p

Total: 1997p

any advice would be appreciated!:russianroulette:

·
Registered
184 Posts
That list would be fun, I have a few suggestions. First off CTA is wasted on something that can hit a large template at 48 inches. I get taht you want that torrent, but its not that important T1/2 as you move up field. The Stones and runes are not worth the points. Right there you are saving 80 points, thats almost another unit of spiders or something. I also run my tanks without the HFs, there is WAY too much ignores cover for me to toss in 15 points. Why the exarch in the spiders? Take the a fore mentioned stuff off and give each fastshot and a spinnet rifle.

You do not have any reliable AV 13/14 in there and that's making a come back. The two Hunters are very fragile and I wouldn't place too much tactical weight on those boney shoulders. You have a TON of anti infantry...a ton. I think that some points changed over to a Knight (whom is also fast) might be in your interests. Shoot just by trimming some wasted points you have almost half of one.

Is there an aversion to Serpents? I get the idea of the list and it has a lot of ability to control the table T4/5 but you got to have those units on the board. I decent Tau build will table that list pretty quickly. Marker Lights are the bane of any bike list, trust me my favorite Aspect are the Spears. They can really make a mess of things, but far too many times I have had the entire unit obliterated by a hellturkey or lame ass fire warriors and 2 markerlight tokens.

The way I might play your list is this: Guide the two spinners and dump large templates on fools for the first two rounds whilst I hide or had a number of my bikes in reserve (gonna be tough with two hunters). Basically soften up the gun lines or what have you. During those two rounds of template blasting I wopuld be manuvering my bikes to into a place. I would deepstrike my Spiders and T2/3 would really be about breaking my opp with the spinners (if they are still active) dumping torrent, spiders shooting and my spears cleaning up. This should put enough heat on your opp to allow your Hunters to come on board and snipe the crap out of things. So basically sucker punch for a few rounds then charge in like a boss and roll some fools.

Another change I might make is turn one FS into an Aurtach for the Path of Strat given the number of units you are likely to have in reserve. Those are jsut a few thoughts I have.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You can not have two CH Exarchs. They are 1 per army, not 1 per Detachment. You'd have to try and get your opponent to allow you to run a primary detachment of C:Eldar with an ally of Iyanden Supplement.. But honestly, RAW doesn't allow it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice and ill try to work in some of the changes that were mentioned (i was 50/50 on the CTM i just thought it would be a funny alpha strike kinda thing) and to reply to Xabre, read the rule on the crimson hunter again it says and i quote "only one crimson hunter per detachment can be upgraded to a crimson hunter exarch" i am doubling my force org here so i would have access to two primary detachments. i can understand the confusion but after reading the rules again im not doing anything illegal according to RAW. ill rework the list and see if i can make it more well rounded.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Interesting. My apologies, I never noticed that. I actually may change some of my lists based on that. However, I'd say the same thing I do with most people (including when I write something like this... 1999+1 will invalidate this list.

·
Registered
184 Posts
1999+1 is for fools anyhow. I see one of those tournies and I wanna laugh, someone is trying to manipulate the rules and they tend to be Cardinals in the RaW church; Khaine despises hypocrisy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tend to agree with that, if tournaments or players do not want to deal with double force org play 1850 or 1750. plus players always find ways to boosts their slots by taking allies anyway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd make your troop be 5x6 jetbikes with 2 cannons per unit. Remove a couple shining spears, the second Crimson Exarch upgrade, the Nightspinner upgrades, and the Warp Spider Exarchs. All of those are unnessesary (or not possible re: 2 crimson exarchs).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree with you on everything but the crimson hunter exarchs (2 in double force org is possible) i take the exarchs cause my craftworld is biel tan and it adds a little bit of a fluff aspect to my army (while it is 10 points per unit for the spiders it does give me the chance of precision shots and accepting challenges which has saved my ass in some situations).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts