Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to be in a tournament with my club I will be facing all sorts of races.So I need to get a pretty well rounded army and this is what I came up feel free to help this and make it better!

HQ 1:Eldrad ulthran 210pts
with 4 warlock bodyguard(2 singing spears,embolden,enhance,2x destructor) 146pts

HQ 2:Avatar 155pts

Elite 1:7 firedragons with exarch with firepike and crack shot(possibly too much overkill tell me what you think:wink:). 137pts

mounted in waveserpant with twin linked shruiken cannons.(made it cheep cause i'm only really using it as a transport.).100pts

Elite 2:10 Striking scorpions with exarch with claw and both powers. 212pts

Troop 1:12 gaurdians with warlock with singing spear,conceal and a scatter laser. 154pts

Troop 2:10 Dire avengers with exarch with all powers and power weapon and shimmer shield.

Troop 3:5 rangers. 95pts

Troop 4:5 rangers. 95pts

Troop 5:4 gaurdian jetbikes with warlock with singing spear and embolden. 129pts

Heavy 1:Falcon with scatter laser and spirit stones. 140pts

Heavy 2:Fire prism with spirit stones. 125pts

Heavy 3:Fire prism with spirit stones.125pts

Hope you liked the list. I'm still not sure about it but, heres my strategy.

The Fire prism will preferably be placed at the edge of my table edge(hopefully in the corners in cover).

Avatar will lead the charge and will be in the front of my army.

Eldrad and bodyguard will be in falcon right behind avatar eldrad will be casting spells on avatar and enemy ie. fortune and doom on the enemy,etc.

Fire Dragons in wave serpent will be dropped off to destroy the most important targets first such as monoliths, land raiders,hive tyrants(especially if he has tyrant guard),etc.

Striking scorpions will infiltrate in enemy lines and cause utter mayhem in cc.

Rangers will probably infiltrate as well, in cover and snipe high toughness targets.

Guardians of course will just mostly draw fire cause with my luck that is all there good for.

Jetbikes will be held in reserve for a possible final flag group by turbo boosting or at least contdeding a objective.(This tactic has actually won me games before)

Dire avengers will use their range and will do these things:
Against swarm armys that assault a lot(orks) they will keep backing up and shooting till they can't back up anymore.then they will bladestorm and charge.

Against shooting races they will shoot and slowly move in then bladestorm and charge.

What Do you think?

Oh by the way I'm not that new to eldar and 40k I have been playing for about a year and a half and still looking for ideas to help my army and stratigies.

Thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well I am going to be in a tournament with my club I will be facing all sorts of races.So I need to get a pretty well rounded army and this is what I came up feel free to help this and make it better!

with 4 warlock bodyguard(2 singing spears,embolden,enhance,2x destructor) 146pts

Your seer council is expensive but not really threatening in any way. they are in a falcon which will get shredded easily by any sort of firepower, leaving your seer council to wander the battlefield and try and get into range with their short weaponry. if you are doing seer council, go jetlock or go home.

personally i think the days of the seer council are gone, there is too much anti-psyker stuff out ther now or too much firepower which will shred them eventually. for that cost you can run 2 farseers with guide, doom and fortune to buff and support you army.

Avatar is a waste of time. armies will either shoot him to hell, tarpit him or avoid him, depending on their setup. he will destroy the n00bs but this is a tournament situation, so you need to bring the A-game. Avatar is somewhere between Q, P and FAIL-game

Elite 1:7 firedragons with exarch with firepike and crack shot(possibly too much overkill tell me what you think:wink:). 137pts

mounted in waveserpant with twin linked shruiken cannons.(made it cheep cause i'm only really using it as a transport.).100pts
you dont need 7 of these guys, they are a suicide unit so 5/6 is enough. exarch is too expensive for little return, drop him. these guys are a melta-bomb, dont waste points on something you will sacrifice.

the wave serpent needs spirit stones. it is very easy to stun an AV12 vehicle and you need to keep it moving

What are these guys for? what is their purpose? I dont see how they synergise with the rest of the army. for those points you can have another 5 fire dragons in a serpent, which has a clear objective and purpose and also provides back-up if the first squad goes down

Troop 1:12 gaurdians with warlock with singing spear,conceal and a scatter laser. 154pts
You already have rangers to sit on a home objective, these guys are redundant and pointless. one scatter laser will probably shake/stun a transport every turn. not much return for 154pts. DROP

Troop 2:10 Dire avengers with exarch with all powers and power weapon and shimmer shield
T3 4+ armour save means these guys will go down like a cheap hooker on Ashley Cole. DAs are not built for combat so the exarch shouldnt be running around looking for things to twat with a sword. give him double catapults and bladestorm and let them do the job they were designed for- raping hordes

fine for camping on home objectives. although do you need 2 units? maybe not, but stil useful to have 2 of them i suppose for any MCs that wander around the battlefield. make sure you make "pew pew" noises when shooting them, it is scientifically proven that this increases the chances of rending

Troop 5:4 gaurdian jetbikes with warlock with singing spear and embolden. 129pts
find the points to make these guys 6 strong with 2 cannons. warlock isnt really needed but i suppose the spear gives tank hunting adaptability

All of these need holofields. some eldar players think holos are not needed, for my money they are one of the few advantages we have got. they increase the survivability by an incredible amount. i would also get some cannons for the prisms, allows them to operate if a weapon destroyed result hits

Thats my thoughts for what they are worth. I think the army needs rebuilt from the ground-up, unfortunately Eldar only have maybe 3 builds that are actually effective and footdar is not one of them. You need redundancy, survivability and speed, as these are the few advantages we have over the other armies

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts

Avatar is a good choice if you have multiple wraitlords. You do not. Drop him and get a farseer with doom and guide and place them in the DA's.

Drop the exarch and just go for six. Upgrade the scuriken cannon for some scatter laser for....more shots.
Soild choice, but drop the claw and go for the biting blade, don't waste that in6 now :)
What is the pont of this squad? you better of with another cheap DA squad or some bikes.

Troop 2:10 Dire avengers with exarch with all powers and power weapon and shimmer shield.

Drop a ranger squad, gets some spare points and get and invest in a wave serpent for the DA's

There is my 2 cents, hope you crash your enermy to dust :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok, i know this is pretty far off your list.
but i always feel that by far the best heavy support unit is war walkers.
if you have 9:
3 with scatter lasers, 3 with star cannons and 3 with bright lances you'll see off horde, marine and tank alike

augment that with a farseer or two with doom and guide and you've got yourself a powerhouse

·
Registered
534 Posts
but i always feel that by far the best heavy support unit is war walkers.
if you have 9:
3 with scatter lasers, 3 with star cannons and 3 with bright lances you'll see off horde, marine and tank alike

augment that with a farseer or two with doom and guide and you've got yourself a powerhouse
I would disagree. for the cost of those 9 walkers and 2 farseers you are spending a lot of points on very fragile units that (due to the squadron vehicle rules) can be picked off by pretty much any unit

and starcannons are horribly expensive for what they do, i wouldnt take them at all- its too easy to get cover saves this edition

likewise bright lances on a BS3 vehicle isnt worth it at 40+ pts a pop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts