Crew x3

Bolt Thrower x2
Engineer
Dwarf Handgun
Crew x6

Total Army Cost: 1995 Pts.

See less See more
#2 ·
This seems like a list that could face most challenges. the only thing that might hurt you is the issue of how small your mining unit is. If your opponent has any type of ranged weapons then they will probably die when they spring out and being so small they are only really good for rear and flank charges.

#3 ·
I don't know... the local stunty uses a unit of 10, but the Miners either do the job with their first swing or they simply don't do the job at all. Coming in from the rear or flank, they 'should' be getting the charge. They are used more as a distraction and annoyance than anything else, and I guess that a smaller unit of 5 would perform that role just as well, and for half the points cost.

#8 ·
I agree with Ancient on the Dragon Slayer, let him use the slayer ax rule.

My question is why do you not have a Battle Standard Bearer? It may be just me but I swear by one in my Dwarf army. Bad rolls happen all the time and it is always good to be able to reroll due to the BSB.

The Thane with the Master Rune of Alric the Mad on a Handgun is something I never thought of. Please let me know how it works for you.

The 12 Thunderer's is another thing that I have never done except to spend the last few points somewhere. Is there a particular reason that you went with 12?

On your cannon, I would take a rune of forging instead of engineer. The engineer only allows the reroll of the misfire result(if I remember correctly). ROF lets you reroll the "hit" and "bounce".

Your engineers on the bolt throwers are armed with handguns. I would suggest giving them braces of pistols. You are unable to use the Engineer's BS if you fire the handgun, but if he has a Brace of Pistols he can always stand and shoot and counts as armed with two hand weapons in CC.

#9 ·
Good advice from mgtymouze on the engineers braces of pistols work much better. Rune of forging does allow you to re roll the artillary dice for either range or bounce not both. Another good option to be considered is the rune of reloading combined with an engineer you cannon is significantly more likely to fire every turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.