Venerable Dreadnought Ixon 200
w/ Drop Pod
Sternguard Squad Zorax 325
w/ 9 Sternguard Veterans, 1 Powerfist, 3 Combi-Flamers, Drop Pod
Sternguard Squad Calvero 325
w/ 9 Sternguard Veterans, 1 Powerfist, 3 Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod

TROOPS: 637

Scout Squad Aleximum 227
w/ 10 Scouts, Sergeant Aleximum (Telion), 8 Sniper Rifles, 1 Missile Launcher, Camo Cloaks
Tactical Squad Andres 230
w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher, Powerfist, Rhino
Tactical Squad Lexion 205
w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino

FAST ATTACK: 60

Land Speeder "Eternal Crimson" 60
w/ Multi-Meta

HEAVY SUPPORT: 250

Predator "Rynn's Vengance" 165
w/ Lascannon Side Sponsons, Twin Linked Lascannon
Predator "In Memorial" 85
w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons

That Leaves me with 3 points. Fix at will, and I'm trying to keep it as fluffy as possible. Also, the Venerable Dread isn't going.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like the fluff of the list. I would love to see it painted. I had pictures popping in my head as I read each one.

My thought on changes would be switch a combi weapon in the sterguards so that you have 2&1 for that just in case moment. I would drop the PF in the tac squad for a PW in each.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i would drop the Libby. he doesn't seem to fit anywhere, and without a 3++ he makes himself vulnerable to Perils of the Warp.

the Sternies should have combies all the way, heavy on the combi melta.

your Troops are too few, but your Sternies are scoring, so you should be OK there.

it's your Fast and Heavy choices that i'm not sure about. drop the lone LS or take another one. they work better in pairs, it seems.

if you're wanting a fire support base instead of putting all those points in tanks with LCs, upgrade your tact squads. that many points on a tank that can be killed in one shot is a bit much, especially since it can't move and shoot all those weapons.

that should hopefully give you enough points to take on whatever else you want.

good hunting.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would drop the LS and your preds and replace them with Autolas preds. There pretty good at anti-armour. And whats on your Dread?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Drop the second pred. Give both Sternguard a heavy flamer as they really help flush out units in cover AND they are assault weapons.
Use the extra points to give your land speeder a typhoon launcher. The extra 40 points is worth it since it can move 6" and still fire the MM and 2 krak missles for tank busting or move 12" (getting you closer to use the MM) and still shoot 2 missles. Good against horde or monstrous creatures too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts