Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have decided to get back into my imperial guard with a nice competitive build.

Hq
Command squad
4x plasma gun
Astropath
Chimera

Troops
Veterans
3x melta gun
Chimera (3 squads of these)

Veterans
3x plasma gun
Chimera ( 3 squads of these)

Fast attack
Vendetta
Vendetta
Vendetta

Heavy support
LR demolisher
Multi melta

LR demolisher
Multi melta

Griffon
Enclosed crew compartment

So pretty self explanatory. Just a wall of armour what you guys think.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I love all the special weapons! Thats what drew me to IG. However with this list I think your a bit heavy on all the anti armor. All those lascannons and melta guns, you could afford to cut two or three units for something more, a foot platoon or more tanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kinda short on range aren't you? I mean your maximum range is the Lasconnons on those Vendettas. Also those Multi-meltas on the Demolishers can only snap fire because of the Main cannon. Something to think about..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what you guys think drop the griffin and multi meltas and get a manticore or drop what I said there along with a veteran plasma squad and for a big blob squad.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Work in 1 or 2 executioners instead of demos (alternatively a standard Leman and an executioner). Ranged MEQ/TEQ killers. Rarely found the range on demolishers worth while for the AP2. Plus multi melts are contrary to your main use of a demolisher cannon (pie plates on highly armoured infantry) plasma cannons make more sense if you are dead set on demolishers (if any sponsons at all).

Also, as was said, at 2000 points you're a little light on infantry. Maybe work in a platoon and some static cover as per whatever rule book allows that. I haven't got a codex on me to give you an exact run down of how it would all fit but maybe some food for thought.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked the demolisher for its versatility in taking on armour, heavy and light infantry and for insta killing potential. So you would recommend I drop the demolishers get a executioner a go double force organization and get a platoon command squad and two infantry squad for holding home objectives.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You want competitive? Drop your heavies and take a Baneblade instead :p

Drop your heavies and one melta vet and plasma vet squads. You have 3 units with 3 or 4 plasma guns with great BS, 2 with 3 melta guns and 3 vendettas. These deal with tons of armor and 2+ saves and High toughness creatures.
If you took even 3 Leman Russ Battle Tanks and a 235 point platoon, you would be sitting great against infantry. The Battle Tanks give you plenty of range to hit most anything, and they are powerful pie plates. Platoon gives you scoring bodies, tons of shots and versatility that the vets dont do against basic troops.
Barring all that, 685 points of artillery is one hell of a killer too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts