2000 point Chaos Space Marines

HQ: 330

1 Kharn the Betrayer 165
1 Daemon Prince 165
w/ Mark of Tzneetch, Doombolt, Bolt of Change

ELITES: 0

TROOPS: 871

8 Khorne Bezerkers 208
w/ Skull Champion, Power Fist (will go in Land Raider)
8 Thousand Sons 229
w/ Doombolt, Rhino
8 Plague Marines 234
w/ Plague Champion, Rhino
7 Noise Marines 200
wi/ Noise Champion, 2 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT: 680

3 Obliterators 225
3 Obliterators 225
1 Chaos Land Raider 230
w/ Daemonic Possesion

SUMMONED DAEMONS: 100

1 Greater Daemon 100

~Bane of Kings

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good start, and certainly well balanced,

I like the heavy support section, leave it as is.

You could do without the Greater Daemon to increase squad sizes.

Zerkers look good. I’d increase the TSons to 9 total.

I’m not sure if either the NM or the PM is a sit a home unit.

If it’s the PM drop the Champ and the rhino and give them a flamer and a melta to beat back any would be objective grabbers.

If it’s the NM, drop the squad to six and the rhino and just use the Blastmaster. Otherwise, increase the unit size, give the Champ a Doom Siren and give him a PF. Add as many Sonic Blasters as you can.

It’s a decent list overall, but the GD does not jive with the rest of it. I like how you managed to use all cults on this list.

Last piece of advise, give the LR a dozer blade.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Squad sizes seem fine to me, people always shun greater daemons, probly because they don't know how to use them, but i'd say give it a go, list looks solid to me, good use of cult troops, good sizes, nice HQ choices and Heavy supports.

Nothing else needed for that 100 points, so go for it, GD stays imo. Really solid list. Thousand Sons generally go in 9's but thats only with a sorceror, and noise marines are generally not set to a number like PMs and KBs are.

try the list out as you are, i think it'll work fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
personly Greater daemons have allways won the game for me. trick is to have tem in combat the turn they come in... Like the list, vary vaired. i'd give the DP wings

·
Registered
941 Posts
give the plague champ a PF
give the noise champ a doom siren!
Other than that, good list!:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
2000 point Chaos Space Marines

HQ: 350

1 Kharn the Betrayer 165
1 Daemon Prince 185
w/ Mark of Tzneetch, Doombolt, Bolt of Change, Wings

ELITES: 0

TROOPS: 866

8 Khorne Bezerkers 208
w/ Skull Champion, Power Fist (will go in Land Raider)
9 Thousand Sons 252
w/ Doombolt, Rhino
7 Plague Marines 226
w/ Plague Champion, Rhino, Meltagun, Flamer
6 Noise Marines 180
wi/ Noise Champion, 2 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT: 680

3 Obliterators 225
3 Obliterators 225
1 Chaos Land Raider 230
w/ Daemonic Possesion

SUMMONED DAEMONS: 100

1 Greater Daemon 100

Total-1996
~Bane of Kings
Just made a few ajustments nothing major. green is what I fixed

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not really liking that daemon prince build. Here is just so good at close combat it seems optimising this is the way to go. I play a weird thousand sons army with two daemon princes with mark of tzeentch wings warptime and wind of chaos. Even at 205 points they often earn their points back.

Front my experience the best way to kill a daemon prince is to shoot him before he closes on you. You're prince is inclined to stay at range and trade fire, which no doubt he will be good at. But he could be GREAT at close combat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not really liking that daemon prince build. Here is just so good at close combat it seems optimising this is the way to go. I play a weird thousand sons army with two daemon princes with mark of tzeentch wings warptime and wind of chaos. Even at 205 points they often earn their points back.

Front my experience the best way to kill a daemon prince is to shoot him before he closes on you. You're prince is inclined to stay at range and trade fire, which no doubt he will be good at. But he could be GREAT at close combat.
Agreed, The above mentioned prince is the same one i use and they are awesome up close. also keep the greater demon, its like a better deamon prince that cant be hurt until you bring him in, ie in combat already!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts