Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ:
Emperor’s Champion: Accept any Challenge
Chaplain Grimaldus
Master of Sanctity:Terminator Armor, 3x(Cenobytes Servitors), Plasma Pistol

TROOP:
10x SM Initiates: 8x(CCW/BP), 1x(PF), 1x(MG), 10x(FG)
10x SM Neophytes: (CCW/BP)

10x SM Neophytes: (CCW/BP)

10x SM Neophytes: (Shotgun)

10x SM Neophytes: (Shotgun)

ELITE:
Venerable Dreadnaught: LC, extra armor, Tank Hunter Skill
Dreadnaught: LC, extra armor, Tank Hunter Skill

TOTAL: 1995

Not sure where to put the last five points in this list but my only real thought was if I should have one squad equipped with bolters for more ranged power and if I should use something like Predators with TL-LC for fire support instead of the dreads.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Drop grenades off whatever squads will have an independent character attached to them. You only need a single model with grenades in a squad to get the effect (the same is true for crusader seals) and the EC comes with them, while the chappy's and Commanders can get them for 1 pt.

Grimaldus is funky; the only benefit I see is the +6" for unmatched zeal. It's a sweet bonus, since it basically means his fearless can be "attached" to two squads at once if you keep them together, but the odds of them staying together for very long are bad... plus he costs a boat-load of points. The moment you go above 3 foot-slogging squads, a Marshal may be more worth-while than 2x Chaplains. You lose the servitors, and LD 10 all around is not the same as fearless for two squads, but you save 60 pts for a guy with a better stat line, AND you can change out his weapon load for specialized tasks, like hammering tanks.

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
186 Posts
only one dread can be tank hunter. must be venerable, and only one venerable per army. Last game I played I put dread-laz+missle next to a autolaz pred, and it did well, about the same price, and less mobility, but av 13 and if u don't move u got 4 shots. the dread worked well to fend off anything that wanted to assault the pred.

That is a crap tone of marine!!! I couldent imagin 85 marines runing across the table!!! looks fun as all hell to play!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts