Fast Attack
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 145
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 145
Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter Melta - 60

Heavy Support
Predator - Lascannon Sponsons - 135
Vindicator - 145

That is exactly 2000 points.
The strat is simple pile the assault squad libby and non jump priest into the land raider and cruise up the field while everything in the back blows things up. While it is moving up Mephiston sneaks up beside it and lets whatever he crosses have it.

Any questions and concerns are appreciated. Thanks you ahead of time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Drop the Land Speeder. Use those points to give the #2 RAS sergeant a power fist and second special weapons for the other two squads. Anything leftover for Extra Armor on the Land Raider and Baals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I can drop the speeder and give the assault squads a powerfist and 2x meltas. And then I can also take extra armor on the Land Raider.

Other things I plan to do with my tanks? Well the Baals will be mostly poping infantry and maybe light tanks, the predator will be used for heavy tanks, the vindicator will be used for anything because lets face it the large blast is kinda awesome. I also really did plan on deep striking them in but if you think it would be a good idea I could combat squad them and drop meltas in on tanks. If not im just going to move them up field with a FNP bubble and hope for the best. I know Mephiston is a lot of points but every game I have tried him in he has killed over double his own point cost making it well worth the investment.

·
Registered
153 Posts
mephiston's a total beast, drop the land raider though, if i was you id descent of angels all 3 assault squads...with the points save from the land raider add another pred, the vindicator is unimpressive, and you have an army centered around close range and assaults why run a vindi? generally the things you'll be targeting will be near your assault squads and yea a predtor will work better as a can opener, its more reliable, and wont have the chance of hittin your dudes...with leftover points after losing vindi plus points pred didn take up, buy another assault squad, drop the uses speeder for another priest...bubble the field and voila 40 feel no pain marines making your opponents life hell

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dropping the vindi will not be a problem. I am not worried about it and in its place i may put another pred.

As for the Land Raider I have had a lot of success with it so it seems scary to drop it. It gives cover to my marines moving up behind it and also draws a lot of fire and takes away from mephiston fire. It also eats up a lot of troops and typically takes out a tank or two do the the Assault cannon and the melta. If anything I would drop the Librarian and the vindicator and instead dump a terminator assault squad with 2 TH/SS into the raider for more awesome things. In most games I have played the 5+ cover save hardly ever does anything seeing the raider itself grants cover to my troops and the raiders armor does not get pen'd a lot, and as for the blood lance I have had no luck with it. They are either way to spread out for me to hit units with it or it just flat out misses the tank and then he gets owned the next round.

So all in all I will drop the vindi, but do you think it would be wise to drop the libby and add the terminators? It would fit more into my assault army and frees up my melta squad. The new army list would look like this.

HQ
Mephiston - 250

Elite
Sanguinary Priest - Jump Pack Power Sword - 90
Sanguinary Priest - Power Sword - 75
Terminator Assault Squad - 3x Lightning Claws 2x TH/SS - 210
Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor Melta - 275

Troops
Assault Squad x10 - Power First Melta x2 - 235
Assault Squad x10 - Power First Melta x2 - 235
Assault Squad x10 - Power Weapon Flamer x2 - 215

Fast Attack
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Heavy Support
Predator - Las Cannon Sponsons - 135

With this list I have a little bit less on the field but I have more quality units. With Mephiston and the termies it makes it a hard choice of who to target first and should draw enough fire for my Preds and Assault troops to cause some serious damage.

Or if that does not seem like a good idea I can leave the librarian and put the raider back on the assault troops and add in another Las Cannon predator for extra tank killing power.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i like that list, meph is terrifying, and termies are nice, the thing is i would personally trade for more marines and a pred, and a priest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts