Assault Squad x5 - 100
Razorback - assault cannon - 55

Fast Attack
Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Heavy Support
Predator - Las cannons sponsons - 135
Predator - Las cannons sponsons - 135

Ok so the point of this list is to be really fast without being fully mech, I really hate full mech list as it takes away a lot of fun for me.

I have the 5 man assault squad for zipping around and taking objectives also using it to pop light tanks and rip apart troops. A priest rides in the razorback and another in the LRR. The razorback will come into play late game too to zip back to the home objective to get that point. Im running the LRR because marines are very popular around here and the flamestorm is very good vs them. Everything else should explain itself.

I am in desperate need of feedback so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not to burst your bubble or nothing, but you are deluding yourself. Only two un-transported units, not including the demon prince... I mean Mephiston, but you claim to hate "full mech"? Get real. You've spammed AV13, have a Land Raider and an Assault Cannon Razorback. You. :punish: Are. :punish: Mechanized. :punish:

:grin:

The suggestions below wouldn't add any troops but they would make your list a hell of a lot more flexible and threatening.
1) Replace the Redeemer with an Assault Cannon/Multi-melta Stormraven = 65 point savings
2) Drop one Predator = 135 point savings
3) Give one SP TDA = costs 35 points - in SR with Terminators
4) Give other SP a power weapon or Lightning Claw = costs 15 points
or 4a) Give Stormraven Extra Armor or Locator Beacon
5) Add Furioso Dreadnought w/Blood Talons, EA and Heavy Flamer = costs 150 points - carried by SR

Another option would be to replace both Predators with a nice VAS and upgrade one of the RAS' (RAS's?) Flamers to a Melta Gun. With 265 points you can field a 6 man VAS with Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer, Power Fist and 2 Lightning Claws. Now you've got 3 solid Descent of Angels squads, two with good firepower and the third will murder anything in the assault phase of the turn it arrives.

Flexibility and variety without falling for the "Jack of all Trades, Master of NONE" trap is the way to build a scary Blood Angels army. Carbon copy (or spamming) is not only boring it's predictable and therefore easily countered. Maybe not the first time someone faces it. But betting on them falling for it a second time is foolish.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good points by Sanguinary Dan, but the only problem i see with it is that the OP may not own or want to build a Storm Raven. i've seen conversions on ebay for $90, so they're not cheap.

that may be why he went with a LR to start with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right i went with the LR to not have to convert it. I actually only posted this list due to frustration. This is the first army I am building so I want it to be fun and good enough for tournament play. I think I may just stick with my original list wich I will post in this thread. It seems more fun and more flexible.

HQ
Mephiston - 250

Elite
Sanguinary Priest - Jump Pack - 75
Sanguinary Priest- - 50
Terminator Assault Squad - 3x Lightning Claws 2 TH/SS - 210
Land Raider Redeemer - Extra Armor Melta Gun - 265

Troops
Assault Squad - 2 melta Power Fist - 235
Assault Squad - 2 melta Power Fist - 235
Assault Squad - 2 flamers power weapon - 215

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
Predator - Las Cannons sponsons - 135

This list leave 40 points left over to fool around with. Thanks for your comments thus far. Like I said this is the first army I am building and it has been a hard task over the past few months.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Your list in the second post is a perfectly good list. Heck, the first time around wasn't a bad list either.

I'd suggest using those points to give the Sanguinary Priest terminator armor if he is meant to travel with the Terminator Squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As to building a Stormraven all you need to do is go on E-bay and grab a cheap Valkyrie kit. I've picked up unbuilt ones for as little as $30. So even if you end up paying 50 you are still cheaper than a Land Raider.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
or you could put wings on the land raider. not exactly a pretty conversion but it is, for all intents and purpose, a stormraven:biggrin:

I like the list although I find redeemers are a bit useless to be honest. because they are really powerful really close with the templates they will get dropped before they get to use them. I prefer a crusader anyday really as that has an effective range of 30"(6" movement and then 24" range) and fire everything.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mephiston is pretty cool, but what are your thoughts on replacing him with a Jump Pack Chappy to join the JP/Priest and RAS along with a Libby w/Unleash rage and maybe Shield of Sang to go with Termies and Priest in LRR. That would give you two very durable units that re roll hits. Additionally with the xtra 40 pts u can get your libby TDA...thoughts?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I agree with Bl0 mephiston is okay but is mainly only good at IC hunting and being a hitman. you'd be better using those points to buff the units you already have

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey guys...I've been looking into Blood Angels for a month or so...reading the codex and doing lots of looking at peoples ideas on here...I have more of a question than advice (sorry OP) :unsure:

Now you've got 3 solid Descent of Angels squads, two with good firepower and the third will murder anything in the assault phase of the turn it arrives.
I may be missing something, and I'm sorry if I am...but I thought when a unit arrives via Deep Strike, it cannot assualt that turn? Unless there's a rule I'm missing somewhere, or I am misunderstanding what Dan is saying. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Vanguard veterans can assault on the turn they deepstrike thanks to the rule heroic intervention. That, combined with the descent of angels rule(which reduces scatter by the way :)) makes them a very formidable unit, if not a little pricey :victory:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I played a list in a tourny similar to this. It had with the terminator squad though Corbelo and a reclusiarch. That squad for all intents and purposes was as The Son of Hours says consequence free. I would run that instead of Mephiston for variety and it would only take you buying a chaplain model. The list I played came in 3rd out of 12 people by the way.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Not really the list looks good overall, my only concern is your just a little lacking in long range anti tank. But you have enough quick moving melta guns you should be ok. The only way to know if it works is to hit the table top a few times...Good Luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So after adding in a Jump Pack Chap and a libby with shield and rage that leaves 65 points left over. Any ideas on what to spend it on?

Also I was wondering if it would make more sense to run two librarians instead of one and a chap. This would double the psyc defense range and also give me a more reliable reroll to hit due to rage.

What do you guys think? Thanks for all your help this has been awesome.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
is that a chaplain or a reclusiarch? Reclusiarchs give a much bigger combat punch and are beasts in their own right.

the choice is up to you though to be honest. You face an army with a high amount of psychic defense, such as wolves eldar, other marines your two librarians are gonna struggle to cast anything really. The reclusiarch comes with a 4+ inv. save, a much better statline and rerolls to hit on the charge that cannot be stopped if he gets the charge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hybrid lists arnt compeditive ,
. why is that redeemer in a jump army? im a strong advocate of focus , you either want mech or you want jump ba. both lists can be compeditive but by mixing them you lower that potential.

I assume the second list is what your going with now , lol @ your anti tank ,
you have what 2 lascannons , a mm , and a handful of melta guns? my 1750 runs 3 times that.. you will have no hope stopping a 2k mech army with that anti tank out put m8.

so heres what to do , drop mephi and take 2 jump pack libbys with unleash rage + power of your prefrence.

drop the baals take 2 more preds with lascannon sponsons.

drop the terminators and the raider , take 9 attack bikes with MM.

buy your priest a jump pack , you then have 20 points left over to play around with.

now the list is taking some semblance and has some proper firepower with a solid jump infantry core.

Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok so I see the fear of tank killing but im not about to change from my hybrid list.

My thoughts are if I really need more tank killing I can simply drop mephiston take the librarian in the Land raider and add in another predator. That is a simple fix with more fire power.

In my area there may be 1 or 2 full mech cheese list so im not really worried about it. The most I have ever seen is around 5 - 7 tanks, not that big of a deal really. And the Baals can take light tanks Str 6 +1d6+1d3 because of the rending rule if I remember. That can puncture a land raider.

So thoughts?

Jump pack chap vs another predator.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.