Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My second attempt at an army. I hope it is much better than the first.

HQ
Typhus-225

Daemon Prince-155
Wings
Warp Time

[8] Plague Marines-269
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Meltabomb-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Plasma Gun

[8] Plague Marines-259
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Meltabomb-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Flame)
2-Meltagun

[8] Plague Marines-239
1-Plague Champion-Power Fist-Meltabomb-Combi-weapon(Bolter and Melta)
2-Flamers

[8] Khorne Berzerkers-258
1-Skull Champion-Power Fist-Plasma Pistol-Meltabombs
2-Plasma Pistol

[3] Chaos Rhino-175
[3] Extra Armor
[2] Combi-weapon-(Bolter and Flamer)
[1] Twin Linked Bolter

[1] Land Raider-270
[1] Extra Armor
[1] Demonic Possession
[1] Havoc Launcher

[2] Obliterator Cult-150

2000/2000

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
nice deathguard list with zerkers i like it

·
Registered
477 Posts
Really consider having 4 units of 7 plague marines instead of 3 of 10. That way you get more versatility and an extra couple of melta/plasma/flamers and you have more objective holding prowess. I personally would load this extra squad with meltaguns as you only have 2 obliterators and could use some help in the anti-tank department.

In a nurgle list like this mark of Nurgle on your daemon prince will go a long way to keeping him alive. My favourite combo is MoN, Warptime, Wings. It really makes him last longer and all those rerolls mean you get the best out of him too.

As far as the zerkers go i find 8 is normally a good number for them for a few reasons. If you charge a 10 strong MEQ unit the chances are that you will wipe out all but one or two leaving the last two hapless loyalists locked in combat for your opponents turn. That means your zerkers are safe from your opponents shooters until they can charge again the following turn. Sometimes its worth taking that powerfist hit on the unit to avoid a hail of fire. I also wouldnt give them plasma pistols as they become too costy and unlike your plague marines they dont get another chance at an escape if they roll that 1. (Armour save then feel no pain)

Other than the above changes I worry only about Typhus. I love that you have found a place for him because i think hes a great HQ but he needs a delivery system in the way of a Landraider. Whichever rhino you stick him in you can more or less guarantee will be a goner on turn 1 as your opponent focuses every shot in his arsenal at it. A nice Daemon-possessed landraider would give you a little more anti-tank and keep him nice and safe until you can get him into range.

You could achieve the points required for the landraider by dropping 2 zerkers, a few plague marines and all the extras you have taken for your units which shows you how they can add up.. By extras i mean, melta-bombs, combi weapons, plasma pistols on the zerkers and all additional rhino weapons such as the havoc launcher. I havent done the maths on it because i dont have my codex to hand but I am pretty sure that would free up enough points to get you a LR as you have the heavy slots available.

Happy hunting anyways

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see, well I have minused down the points and I do hit into 2000 exactly. Still 1 land raider for one unit not really spending wisely. I will probably drop a rhino and a few troops. Then that way I can stack more inside....Maybe a squad of PM with him.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, my mistake, I sometimes tend to think outloud and do not use the simply factor of common sense. Of course I am new to the game so, I just want to make sure on stuff.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nope.. the mistake was mine, I should have been clearer..

Post a modified list when you are done so we can take a look at it :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
didn't get to see the first list, but this one is pretty good.

i would still consider dropping combi-weaponry, melta bombs, plasma pistols, two 'Zerkers, and Havoc launcher, see how many points you have and see if you can take a sit a home squad with no rhino.

and the LR needs only either Possession or extra armor. i'd give it a dozer blade along with Possession.

have you thought about putting Typhus in the LR with the 'Zerkers? i think that could potentially be devastating.

good hunting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking of putting him in the Rhino with the Marines. I do however, see the appeal of having him in with the Berzerkers. I mena he is a hand to hand unit and they do that as well. Thus giving them the ability of Manreaper would be a very scary situation. I keep HAvoc Launcher on there mainly because of preparing for a horde fight. Might need it against some unforseen foe.

True this does give me a few extra points, droping the two berzekers would give me 42 more points to the 27 saved. Adding up to about 69 and a few more I might think about making another squad of Plauge. As is, if I drop the 2 from the Berzerkers all squads could then gain +1 more plauge marine. This would increase the squads fire power and chances of surival, while not altering to much.... Hmmmm might just do that. It also makes room for Typhus to join in with any of the sqauds. I just need to load them into the Land Raider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts