Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my first attempt at a DE All comers list that is also slightly themed for my back story and style.

Duke Sliscus - 386
9X Kabalite Trueborn w/ 2 Splinter Cannons, Haywire Grenades
Raider w/ Flickerfield, Night Shields, and Splinter Racks

10X Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster and Splinter Cannon - 205

1X Hekatrix w/ Blast Pistol, Venom Blade -175
4X Wyches w/ 1X Razorflails and Haywire Grenades
Venom w/ Night Shields and dual Splinter Cannons

1X Hekatrix w/ Blast Pistol, Venom Blade -175
4X Wyches w/ 1X Razorflails and Haywire Grenades
Venom w/ Night Shields and dual Splinter Cannons

3X Reaver Jetbikes with Cluster Caltrops -86

3X Reaver Jetbikes with Cluster Caltrops -86

Ravager with Night Shields and Flickerfield - 125

Razorwing Jetfighter with 2X Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 175
with Night Shields and Flickerfield and 4 Mono Missiles

Razorwing Jetfighter with 2X Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 175
with Night Shields and Flickerfield and 4 Mono Missiles

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Like I said, new to DE and trying to put together an Army that due to back story is staying away from anything Wrack or Grotesque related or adjacent, including Mandrakes. I think I spread around enough anti infantry and anti tank, but thoughts would be helpful.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not bad, although you can cut a lot and come out ahead. Flicker Fields, while great, are generally a luxury good now because you can get a 5+ cover save from moving. I find that Night Shields are wasted on Ravagers because things like Missile Launchers/Lascannons/Autocannons will be able to shoot them fine.

The Trueborn seem a bit unnecessary to me--you could get a squad of 9 Warriors in a Raider w/ SR and NS for 171 points and have basically the same amount of firepower. Net savings of 66 points or so with Sliscus included.

I'm not a fan of adding a single blaster to a Kabalite gunship. Unless you're hunting Terminators or other suitably big game (Mephiston) they seem like a waste.

If the Wyche squads are throw away anti-tank units, does a spending the extra points on a 6" Blast Pistol seem worth it?

You seem to be a bit light on anti-tank relative to anti-infantry. Is your local metagame infantry heavy or mech heavy? If mech, I think taking Heat Lances on the bikes would be a good idea that would also save you 16 points. Combining them into one squad might be a good idea.

Night Shields may be a bad call on the Razorwing, unless you're worried about it getting glanced to death by rapid fire bolters. I like Disintegraters on mine.

With those simple changes, you can add a Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons filled with three Trueborn with three blasters with points to spare. More Vehicles and concentrated firepower. You also gain a scoring unit, which may be important.

All in all, looks good. Right now people are leaning toward infantry, which gives this list an edge. You can also deal with Flyers with your Razorwing's Dark Lances.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the suggestions. Pulled up Army builder, pulled the Flicker Fields off and switched Trueborn to Warriors. Since Im running a Pirate List, I like the idea of adding more venoms, and the three trueborn with blasters added another suicide Anti Armor unit, which is basically what my Wyche venoms with Haywire grenades are at the moment. My local games are mostly infantry based, a lot of IG blobs, ork hordes, and one particularly annoying opponent running a very good necron force. Switched the bikes to Heat Lances. Im not sure about combining to one squad though. With plenty of fast attack slots open, I like the idea of being able to turbo boost and bladevane two seperate units, as they are basically on the field to be annoying and distract my opponent from shooting my higher priority units. I will try it both ways. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A six man squad of RJB does more that "distract and annoy" your opponents. They can be used to screen your Raiders/Venoms in the beginning of the game. Obviously, they can BV people--an average pass with a unit of six RJB will kill 1.5 MEQs or 4 GEQs.

The heat lances are a cheap way to pressure an opponent--I figure that two Heat Lances will score on average .777 Penetrating hits against AV 12, assuming you're within 9". That and there is a 50% chance of an Explosion. You can gimp Terminators or regular Space Marines pretty easily and then zoom away.

The firepower itself is pretty impressive but it's the endurance and threat generation that really sells the unit. You fly over a squad of chumps, mess them up, and then have a MEQ with a 3+ cover save. You opponent will then have to ask himself: Do I deal with these guys who can ruin my armor or do I try to stop the Raider/Venom rush directly in front of me? I did that today--killed two Heavy Weapons Teams (forcing them to run off the board) and then threatened a Leman Russ. The guy then had to commit a squad of Veterans and the Leman Russ to stopping the Jetbikes, failed, and then lost the Russ. I am of the opinion that a squad of six is simply a more compelling threat than two squads of three.

There is a well respected Reaver Tactica article posted by one Mushkilla featured by SkaredCast here: http://skared.podbean.com/2012/09/27/dark-eldar-tactica-all-about-the-reaver-pt-1/.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts