2x Multi-Melta
2x Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support:
Vindicator

Predator
Auto-las

Predator
Auto-las

According to earlier comments on the last version of this list, my typhoons were too obvious of targets. So I've increased the number of light vehicles and lowered the number of speeders in order to spread the threats around my army.

Comment away

·
Registered
344 Posts
I like that you added melta to the sternguard, hurrah for redundancy. I think there are better ways to increase your light vehicle spam if you really want to, though this will probably work really well especially since no one likes sternguard up in there face with combi-plasma..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Why waste those high points you're paying for sternguard ammo by giving them meltas? Those meltas are only good against tanks while the rest of the bolters are anti infantry. Give them combi meltas instead.

I guess you're combat squading your troops if so 5 marines don't win combat much even with a power weap.

Drop the scouts and get more tacticals, tacticals are better.

Rest is sound :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ mercer: I understand what you're saying about the whole special ammunition subject, but I'm not disembarking the sternguard unless I have to and with combi-mletas I only get one shot.

As for the Tacticals I had the extra points to give them power weapons and depending on the game I may keep them together.

I like the scouts because they make it possible to free up points for the rest of the list and they are my objective holders so i don't need to combat squad my tacticals unless I need to.

And actually, thinking about it now I may just make those meltas into combi-meltas.

I'm testing the list out this weekend, so I'll probably have another list for everyone's perusal next week.

·
Registered
314 Posts
HQ:
Librarian-100

Good but specify powers (Null zone and Avenger probably).

Elites:
Sternguard#5
2x Melta
3x Combi-Plasma
Rhino

Sternguard#5
2x Melta
3x Combi-Plasma
Rhino

Been said already but I'll say it again: Switch to 5x combi-melta. 20 points free now. Libby goes in one of these.

Troops:
Tacticals#10
Melta
Combi-Melta
PW
Missile Launcher
Rhino

Tacticals#10
Melta
Combi-Melta
PW
Missile Launcher
Rhino

Nice, combi-flamers maybe but meltas cool too. Lose the PWs though, it's points down the drain and could end up screwing you over by causing more casualties. 50 points.

Scouts#5
4x Sniper
1x Missile Launcher
Sergeant w/MB

Scouts#5
4x Sniper
1x Missile Launcher
Sergeant w/MB

Okay backfield holders so why MBs. Lose them. 60 points.

Fast Attack:
Typhoon Speeders#2

Typhoon Speeders#2

Good, meltas might be better though.

Land Speeders#2
2x Multi-Melta
2x Heavy Flamer

Always awesome.

Heavy Support:
Vindicator

Needs a DB so you're not immobilized.

Predator
Auto-las

Predator
Auto-las

Nice Rhino suppression.

According to earlier comments on the last version of this list, my typhoons were too obvious of targets. So I've increased the number of light vehicles and lowered the number of speeders in order to spread the threats around my army.

Comment away
that leaves 55 points to play with. My first suggestion would be to lose a typhoon and get another libby. That leaves 35, which could buy you a pod to drop on top of an objective if you had anything that could buy pods. Unfortunately you don't though so we'll have to settle for CCs on your scouts and turning the vindis DB into a SS. And there you go.
Good Hunting,
Raptors8th

EDIT: Switched the EA to CCs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, test drive over the weekend went relatively smooth after a month long 40k hiatus.

One thing I learned was the sternguard squads were too small to be survivable, so after talking it over with my buds I have created this new list for your perusal. I've also taken some past comments to tweak the list.

HQ:
Librarian
Power:
Null Zone
Avenger

Captain
PW
PP

Command Squad#5
4x Plasma Guns
Rhino

Elites:
Dread
TL Autocannons x2

Dread
TL Autocannons x2

Troops:
Tacticals#10
Combi-Melta
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
Rhino

Tacticals#10
Combi-Melta
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
Rhino

Scouts#5
ML
4x Snipers

Fast Attack:
Typhoons#2
Typhoons#2
Land Speeders#2
MMx2
HFx2

Heavy Support:
Predator
Autocannon
Hvy Bolters

Predator
Autocannon
Hvy Bolters

Vindicator
DB

I feel This will perform better than the last list because I've increased the number of long range threats I have by taking out the short range sternguard. I'm down to 3 troops choices but that should suffice.

Oh and I tried out the rifle dreads for the first time and those guys are pure undiluted gold:grin:!

·
Registered
314 Posts
switch the PW and suicide pistol for a RB. Otherwise looks good although getting more MM/HF speeders would be nice.

EDIT: Just realized something, screw the EA on my earlier post and give the scouts CC, yay for 2+ cover.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, wouldn't the razorback stand out more amongst them? Plus I can drive to midfield with my tacticals and begin shooting out the hatch. I agree about the captain's armament, any suggestions? I'm thinking a Combi-Melta/LC build may not be too bad and give the squad a little flexibility.

·
Registered
314 Posts
RB=Relic Blade, not Razor Back in this case

1 - 11 of 11 Posts