Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing Lizardmen since I was 7 and since the new Lizard book came out 2 years ago I've been using this list and been cutting down every army I've seen. Here it is.

Characters
Saurus Oldblood -(428)
-Spear
-Light Armour
-Carnosaur
-Enchanted Shield
-Venom of the Firefly Frog
-Glyph Necklace

Saurus Scar-Vetran -(113)
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Burning Blade of Chotec

Skink Chief -(117)
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Javelins
-Sacred Stegadon Helm

Skink Priest -(150)
-Level 2
-2x Dispel Scrolls

Core
16x Saurus Warriors -(222)
-Spears
-FC

16x Skinks -(190)
-2x Kroxigors

12x Skink Skirmishers -(84)

Special
7x Cold One Calvary -(335)
-FC
-Sun Standard of Chotec

3x Terradon Riders -(100)
-Champion

9x Chameleon Skinks -(108)

Rare
2x Razordon Hunting Packs -(150)

Total comes out to be 1997/2000. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Not a bad list. I'm not a fan of Terradons, but other than that there's no really bad choices here. I prefer the more powerful weapons on the Lord, and the Venom on the Scar-vet. Allows me to use a Halberd with the vet. I'd suggest trying a cold one for your lord, and adding the cold one cav up to 10. Also, a small maneuver unit of 10 Saurus with Sword/Shield has come in handy for me in this army.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I do consider it but since Carnosaur is no longer a large target I pretty much do a skirmish screen and let them shoot all they want at my skinks. Im lucky if they do anything. The Cold One Cav is only 7 because its more manuverable that way. The venom on the is really nice imo because 5 attacks WS6 S5 S6 on the charge, im killing some nice stuff and saving some time praying I get 3s.

·
Registered
442 Posts
prefer the sword of might and drop the venom also never found cavalry any gd and trust me you ever come to loughborough with that army it wouldnt end well that caster needs diadem of power to boost your dispel pool badly just to give you an example you would face a construct army the list is posted on here acctually and a few steggie carnosaur lists

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what bugs me is when ever since Stegadon became special all people do is make those kinda lists! It takes the fun out of the game. Sure its a very well themed army, but you cant win with a bunch of monsters. Especially with blowpipes hitting them. Steggies move fast but theyre easily spotted and my cav can kill one all on their own. Id play with one anyday but I wouldnt make an army based around having 6 Stegadons then a bunch of skink skirmishers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i like most of the list but i do agree with cheese an dothers that caverly are never that good in my opinion, they arnt so expensive as just inefective :/ i would also i would recomending dropping teh skink unit with teh kroxigor, whenever ive face dthis unit i have never had problems with killing it, it is just a too easily kille dunit, mabye drop that unit and the caverly for another block of sauras and some kroxigor? i think that could work, oh and ye sthe diadem of power for the priest, anti magic is good :)

Oh and Cheesemeister stop trying to scare people with teh loughborough
store thing ;) and to be fair cheese, remember are store is the "magic" store, and using my construct list as an example is unfair, u know its highly effective at killing lazards so dont be mean :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually my cav do astounding. Ive ran through chaos, dwarf, and dark elf unit alike with them. I demolished an entire dwarf army with this list and the cav killed 75% of all the units. Calvary actually do well IMO because they have a pretty good save, with my banner theyre pretty much hard to hit and just as hard to wound, and they eat up units quickly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well if your deternmend to keep them then do so :) its just in are experience they get battered about :/ what does the standard do may i ask? well i must recomend the diadem for your priest anyway, you dont realy have any magic defense (three dice aint going to vut it :/) and the kroxigor skink unit will not work in my experience, it just gets butched :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.