Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting the idea of a fellow Heritic by the name of seermaster i have decided to make a list with an Eldar super unit. So here it goes.

Hq
Eldrad
Farseer
5x Spiritseers
5x Spiritseers
9x Warlocks

Troops
6x jetbikes
6x jetbikes
6x jetbikes

Heavy
Fire prism
-cannon
-holofields

fire prism
-cannon
-holofields

So the idea is that the super unit advances up throwing up every psychic power known to Eldar. Jetbikes giving covering fire and hold objects. Fire prisms go after armour. The super unit has the ability to become super tough and super strong in combat and shooting. Another
idea for a super unit i had was this:
Eldarad
Farseer
10x Spirit seers
Wave Serpent
-Scatter laser
-holofields
-cannon

The idea here is to let every spiritseer take psychic shriek and a power from the runes of battle this will be them a very very powerful shooting unit but also have the ability to take hits.

I know neither of these are incredably points efficient but sure look, its fun :biggrin:.
I found the first list looks like the most fun but im going to let you decide.
So comments and criticisms welcome.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'd get a wraithnight or 2 just to draw a little fire.
You will need to split up the troops to get 4 to get the double foc.
The other thing you could do is attach 10 spiritseer Eldrad and farseer to 10 wraithguard put farseer on a bike to get majority toughness of 6.
Oh and put spiritseers at the front to soak wounds and renew.
Or add fuegan for the plus strength attacks wound tanking awesomeness you lose the farseer but gain a combat monster.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye there are plenty of different ways to do it. I was trying to figure a way to put them into a squad of wraithguard without losing the majority toughness. I was thinking of putting the spiritseers out front but I don't fancy losing power though.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
This list looks...mental, but in a good way :grin:

That many psychic powers would be great fun for a game

Would it be worth dropping Eldrad for a normal farseer and putting all the psykers on bikes?
Is that possible?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You cnat put the spirtseers on bikes but you have just said what i was going to recommend myself. I had a game today and during this game i relised that this unit it really strong on the offencive but not on as much on the defence. See at first i thought that the runes of battle power protect would give all the seers a 2+ armour save but then I found out that no eldar seer as any armour only ++ saves. So instead i came up with this
Farseer bel anneth (guaranteed fortune)
Farseer
10x warlocks on bikes
10x Spirit seers

What this means is if i get protect i let the the warlocks stand in front with a now 2+ save and then with the amount of invisabilities a rolled should give them a 2+ cover save as well. Couple that with fortune and you have a nearly instopable unit. It amounts to 1535 points. The next step is to give all the warlocks a singing spear giving them an anti armour option at range. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Great minds think alike it seems that is exactly what I would have done with the bikes.
Bel anoth doesn't allow for a second farseer fuegan fits the bill nicely tho.
The only problem would be that you can't cast and boost, and so many quickens means the bikes get left behind or can't cast.
Seems attaching them to wraithguard is a better option, lose 10 powers but gain t6 2 up armour wound caddys.
Decisions decisions

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crap ye the bikes won't benefit from quicken and can't run. Well just looking at the runes of battle they are are all maledictions or blessings which are cast at the start of the turn so it won't be a problem for them. Also the fact that everyone else is going super fast with quicken and battlefocus means they will be able to keep up with the bikes 12inch movement and I can still jetbike move in the assault making sure they're always out in front. O ye I forgot about that not been able to take any other farseers. But ye fuegan will fit the bill nicely especially with that lance.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well turbo boosting happens in the shooting phase if im not mistaken so you can cast most of your powers in the movment phase. All when did i mention turbo boosting :laugh:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Remain in unit comhersion (how ever you spell it) and then jetbike move up with on average will get me 7 inches. Also the crappy thing is you fail a lot of powers at ld8 and 9.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts