Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a little help from Blackhiker heres a list thats a bit different. I realized that I had nowhere to put my HQ in my previous list. I would have to put him in the devastator squad(not a good Idea). Here I added a veteran Squad that could be split into combat squads for the Librarian and Master to Join. Ill preobably use them for counter Assault.

Master Lexius (Company Master)
Combi Plasma Gun, Power Weapon. 125

Raphael (Librarian)
Pistol, Force Weapon. 120

10 Man Tac
Sergeant w/ Power Fist, Melta Gun, Rhino. 235

10 Man Tac
Sergeant w/ Power Fist, Melta Gun, Rhino. 235

10 Devastators
4 Missile Launchers. 245

10 Devastators
4 Heavy Bolters. 225

10 Veterans
3 Power Weapons. 245

Dreadnought
Venerable, Extra Armor. 160

10 Scouts
9 Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher. 210

LandSpeeder
Assault Cannon, Multi Melta. 100

LandSpeeder
Assault Cannon, Multi Melta. 100

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you're going to be a DA player you have to take advantage of the benefits, such as the DW and RW; otherwise, you might as well play vanilla marines.

On that note, I'd probably drop the Vets, they don't appear that they'll be doing much, especially without a transport. With those points you can get a bunch of bikes to compliment the LS, or a Pred, or Rhino's for the dev squads, etc. Also, nine sniper rifles is a lot. Usually when you field that many, you just get two five man squads, one with a ML one with HB. For only a few more points, it mixes it up and gives you another heavy weap in an infiltrating squad. I'm not a big fan of Librarians, I'd rather pick up a Chappy on a bike, but that's just my opinion. Put a heavy weapon in each of those tact squads, a ML, LC, HB, anything.

My two cents,
AA

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd reccomend getting rid of those extra 5 marines in the devastator squads. I know all about the dropping off bolters instead of heavy weapons but with the points you're using to get those 10 extra marines, you could make another dev squad with heavy bolters.

Archangel, AHAHAHAHA :laugh: Veterans not doing anything? If he joins the master into that squad, he'll have (if he replaces the combi with a pistol for the extra attack) 45 attacks on assaul with 12 being power weapons. I use vets in my DA lists. They do wonders......Although a rhino would be useful.

Dreadnought and scouts very nicely done. I wouldn't change anything. The dread has smoke stnadard so you're mostly safe.

The speeders are fine..

The Libby, I'm not too fond of like that. I normally give mine termi armour and a combi melta.

I'd give the master a pistol too for the extra attack. With a power weapon, he'll want all the attacks he can get.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
One thing I've been encouraging as of late is for Dark Angel players to avoid using their own Librarians. The addition of an Allied Grey Knight Brother Captain with a psychic hood costs less and is generally more effective. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Katie D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Don't use a physcic hood with a brother-captain from the grey knights. One of their special rules does everything a pshycic hood does.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Don't use a physcic hood with a brother-captain from the grey knights. One of their special rules does everything a pshycic hood does.
This is incorrect. The rule you're referring to is called the Aegis. While it looks similar to a psychic hood at first glance you'll find that it only works when the Grey Knight unit (or in this case character) himself is being effected.

Thus, someone could be blowing away entire sections of the Dark Angel army and the Brother Captain couldn't do a thing about it with only the Aegis hence the need for a psychic hood.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Okay. I haven't looked at the psychic hood too much since almost my entire army is Grey Knights. Sorry

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Okay. I haven't looked at the psychic hood too much since almost my entire army is Grey Knights. Sorry
Not a problem. Sorry if I came across overly harsh - it wasn't my intention. I was merely attempting to point out the differences between the rules and explain the necessity for a psychic hood on the Brother Captain.

Katie D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Since you have 10 man dev squads I am guessing you are going to split them into combat squads in order to deliver fire to multiple targets. I would suggest deviding the bolters and Launchers up between the 2 Dev squads if this is your plan so that the death on one or two squads won't neuter your force.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like this list but would:

Drop the dreadnaught and add a pred. with HB sponsons
Try and get another pred with HB sponsons

Change your HQ to Sammaul and put him in a Landspeeder

Change the 10 scouts to:
2 units of 5 with only Missle launcher in each. Then they infiltrate to take out tanks etc.

Certainly get a rhino for the vet squad and maybe pf's. I know they can't start in the rhino but once they start taking wounds it will be all good.

Edit: Since Sam will be in a landspeeder you could drop one of your other ones to get another pred...

I didn't do up the points on this just because it would require some tooling...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts