Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, this is my first time trying out a nurgle army list, who's mark is something I've come to greatly appreciate recently. In any case, let me know what you think as I always love feedback and any suggestions. One thing I was wondering about, was for AA should I have one heldrake with a Hades Autocannon or would double vector strike suffice against a vendetta for example? Cheers

Typhus-230

Daemon Prince- 340
Black Mace
MoN
Wings
Power Armor
Master Level 3 (Biomancy)

Plague Zombies x30-130

Plague Zombies x30-130

Plague Marines x6-209
Rhino W/Dozer
2x Melta
Champion W/Melta bombs

Plague Marines x6-209
Rhino W/Dozer
2x Melta
Champion W/Melta bombs

Heldrake-170
Baleflamer

Heldrake-170
Baleflamer

Chaos Bikers x3-108
2x Melta
MoN

Obliterators x2-152
MoN

Obliterators x2-152
MoN

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey mate. One thing I'll suggest:? Daemon Prince is Ld 9, as a level 3, you really don't want to be risking rolling 10 or more on the dice, throw in a spell familiar for those much needed (rare as they may be) failed psyker tests, for 15 points, it could sway a battle! Oblits, I love them, only just got some and therefore only just started using them, must have in every list! also, maybe drop a cultists (zombie) squad and put those points into making your 5man plague marine squads a bit tougher, numbers wise, you can buff them upto 7 strong in each (for nurgles number). As for AA, I find a helldrake can usually take out a flyer per vector strike then torch about 60-80% of a squad with the flamer, so 2 should be enough, as most flyers side armour is 10 or 11 meaning a 3-4+ for a glance/pen. Love seeing the look on my brothers faces as i torch a storm talon/sunshark bomber then toast up a tactical/firewarrior squad. Hue hue hue hue hue hue

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey mate. One thing I'll suggest:? Daemon Prince is Ld 9, as a level 3, you really don't want to be risking rolling 10 or more on the dice, throw in a spell familiar for those much needed (rare as they may be) failed psyker tests, for 15 points, it could sway a battle! Oblits, I love them, only just got some and therefore only just started using them, must have in every list! also, maybe drop a cultists (zombie) squad and put those points into making your 5man plague marine squads a bit tougher, numbers wise, you can buff them upto 7 strong in each (for nurgles number). As for AA, I find a helldrake can usually take out a flyer per vector strike then torch about 60-80% of a squad with the flamer, so 2 should be enough, as most flyers side armour is 10 or 11 meaning a 3-4+ for a glance/pen. Love seeing the look on my brothers faces as i torch a storm talon/sunshark bomber then toast up a tactical/firewarrior squad. Hue hue hue hue hue hue
hey thanks for the reply. I'm definitely taking all your advice into consideration. I personally don't think I want to take out a full squad of zombies, but i've tinkered with the numbers and i can make both squads of plague marines up to 6 and get the spell familiar if I drop the zombie squads down to 22x each. I haven't personally used them in a game yet, so I'm not sure if they are still effective at this unit size as I've only ever seen them in units of at least 30, which I guess is why I'm hesitant to reduce the unit size for more plague marines (which I've seen 7 as the magic number haha).

EDIT-

I forgot to include the champion in my plague marine squads so I have 6 in both as of right now as opposed to 5, which I will go and change. I've decided to go for 7 and please father nurgle. Ill therefore reduce the number of zombies in both units to 22, and this way I can also accommodate the spell familiar as the chances are far less of failing the test with him included. As for the heldrakes, Im pretty much decided to go with 2 baleflamers as its just an amazing weapon not to be using more of, and I agree that about the vector strikes. Anyway I appreciate the reply, gave me a bunch to think about!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts