Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a very large number of Flamers of Tzeentch, so I've decided to put together an army. Here's my first attempt (I want to shy away from greater daemons and daemon princes, as they attract way too much fire, especially from cannons):

HEROES

Herald of Khorne w/juggernaut, armor of khorne

Herald of Tzeentch w/master of sorcery, spell destroyer, lore of beasts

Herald of Slaanesh w/lvl 1, siren song, tormenting blade

CORE

30 Bloodletters w/musician, standard, icon of endless war

29 Daemonettes w/full command

SPECIAL

5 Seekers of Slaanesh w/musician, standard

5 Seekers of Slaanesh w/musician, standard, siren standard

RARE

6 Flamers of Tzeentch

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

The Herald of Tzeentch goes with the large group of flamers, the Herald of Slaanesh goes with the daemonettes, and the Herald of Khorne will usually go on his own, but may join the bloodletters, depending on the situation.

How's it look?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd drop the juggernaut from the Khorne herald and stick him with the bloodletters, and I'd also drop the level 1 wizard from the Slanesh herald. He gets one random spell and the sig spell isn't that good with general's leadership and BSB re-rolls all over the place.

I'd cut down the number of daemonettes in the 29-strong squad. Two 15-man squads would probably be better because daemonettes aren't exactly good at taking damage, and those 15-man squads can attack smaller units or flank the ones your bloodletters face off against.

Personally I don't like seekers, but if you want to use them then fair enough.

Flamers are amazing always.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The reason I have the single juggernaut is because by chance, I already have one juggernaut, and I'm not sure what else to do with it. I don't really have the points free (too close to 25% max for heroes) for a chariot, not without cutting something else out. I also don't have the points free for a full unit of bloodcrushers. What else could I use it as? A single bloodcrusher?

I want to definitely use a couple of very fast units, and seekers are just a lot cheaper (in actual $) than screamers. I could use furies instead. Would that work well?

I find (with other armies) that it's a bad idea to only have a single large block of troops. If they're shooting everything at the daemonettes, then my bloodletters are fine. If I drop the herald of khorne, then I could afford to run two blocks of 20 daemonettes.

I have to admit, I'm not exactly happy with the herald of Slaanesh, for the reasons you mention. I could cut her out and replace her with another herald of Tzeentch.

How's this version of the list look?

HEROES

Herald of Tzeentch w/master of sorcery, spell destroyer, lore of beasts

Herald of Tzeentch w/master of sorcery, spell destroyer, lore of metal

Blue Scribes

CORE

30 Bloodletters w/musician, standard, icon of endless war

19 Daemonettes w/musician, standard

19 Daemonettes w/musician, standard

SPECIAL

RARE

6 Flamers of Tzeentch

6 Flamers of Tzeentch

·
Registered
152 Posts
Better. Are the HoT in the flamer squads or following up behind? Also, why no unit champions anywhere?

What shape are you planning to run the daemonettes in? If 5x4 you're missing out on attacks from the front rank. I would go 6x3 and that saves you 32 points to put champions in, or at the least put in a magic standard. Getting 3d6 to your first charge move with a unit as powerful as the bloodletters is incredible, and well worth 25 points.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call on the magic standard. I'll cut out 1 daemonette from each unit, and put in the icon of endless war (was that the name?).

I don't see much of a point for champions. They only really seem to matter if you have a character attached, or your unit is huge (and likely to be stubborn).

The heralds are in the units of flamers, as they can't really go anywhere else. If the army I'm facing has little to no shooting, I might run them on their own.

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts