Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, while messing around with my lists I realized I could make this one pretty cheaply. It's a bit of a one trick pony and it'll struggle against things like TH/SS termies and massed S10 templates, but it could be fun to run.

Wolf Lord
Thunder Hammer
Storm Shield
Thunderwolf Mount
Saga of the Bear

Canis Wolfborn

Iron Priest
Thunderwolf Mount
Wolf Tooth Necklace
4 Cyberwolves

Iron Priest
Thunderwolf Mount
Wolf Tooth Necklace
4 Cyberwolves

Iron Priest
Thunderwolf Mount
Wolf Tooth Necklace
4 Cyberwolves

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry
Power Fist
Storm Shield
bolter

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry
Power Fist
Storm Shield
bolter

4 Thunderwolf Cavalry
Power Fist
Storm Shield
bolter

5 grey hunters
meltagun
rhino

5 grey hunters
meltagun
rhino

10 Fenrisian Wolves

so, Canis and the Lord ride with the Wolves, which adds up to 7 cavalry units all with at least 5 S10 attacks on the charge and a silly amount of S5. 45 S5 wounds in total. grey hunters would stay in reserve and hope to not get in until late game to go for objectives. Rest deploys as far ahead as possible and beeline for the enemy. pretty straightforward really :biggrin:

thoughts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i think it would be fun to play but im not sure about bringing it to anything important. well maybe...
it looks solid but there isnt any shooty which i don't usually like. i would drop 2 iron priest units for some long fangs and more SS on the cav. 5 cav units is more than enough and now your units are tougher and you have 5 missiles to open up some cans.
but for just casual playing it looks pretty cool.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I remember hearing about a list with 3 units of cav winning a GT somewhere in Europe.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, changing 2 priests for 3 units of fangs would make it even cheaper since I already have those. :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts