[150]

(3) Attack Bikes
Multimeltas
[150]

(2) Attack Bikes
Heavy Bolters
[80]

[2000]

Just looking for thoughts. Meant to be competitive, focused on assault, and without a single tank - basically, the opposite of my Guard.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it's good, though of course there's not point mentioning its flaws (getting shot at).

still i can't help but think if the list would be benefit from having a hard to kill "wall" unit that you could stretch out across the board and have the rest of your army follow to get cover saves.

and i'm still ambivalent toward Sang Priests. what they do is awesome but IMO their IC status makes them a liability.

good hunting.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'd suggest dropping one Sang Priest and getting an Honor guard unit w/jump pack. It gives you a "free" Sang Novitiate, and he's NOT an IC for survivability purposes.

I don't like 2 Librarians identical. I'd rather you got a Chaplain to give a bit of extra kick to one of your units. The Honor Guard I mentioned is good. If you get the Chapter Banner, things can go quite well.

·
Registered
990 Posts
2 Librarians running with 2 Honour Guard with 3 meltaguns over Sang Priests any day.

Vanguard Vets crying to be allowed into this list, even if it's just one unit to tie up units & allow you to get a few charges off.

Dallas

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Honor Guard idea a ton. Going to throw that together. I am so used to them not being worthwhile in the C:SM, I forget they exist.

Also, identical Libbys is not bad. Both of those powers are boss as hell!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like a very deadly force man. I would remove one Assault Squad and add a 5-Man Sanguinary Guard squad (w/ Chapter Banner). The extra +1 attack in assault should come in handy given the assault-oriented nature of this list.

I like how you've gone for loads of max-out units, totaling over 60+ in terms of bodies. Not to mention all in nothing less than power armor. Very cool indeed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Without Vanguards you're going to struggle. So what if you can pop all their armour? Vanguards are vital to tie up units so that you can charge them with your RAS... otherwise all those RAS will just get shot/charged.

Dallas

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am working on a similar list and agree that you should drop one of the librarians and go with at least a chaplain. Drop the attack bikes and go balls. Addin Asteroth. He makes it so your amy has more of a chance to go nuts without sang priests and is anti Indy charicter/daemons. Add in at least one Vangaurd squad for that distract assault. you may also want to invest in infurnus pistols.

Here is a list im thinking about at 1850, I have playtested one game with 50 assault marines and they definatly need some support. This is my next take.

HQ- Asteroth the grim 220
HQ- Librarian with Jump pack and melta bombs- 130
Elite-2 Sagunary priests w/jump packs power weapons and inferno pistols -210
Troop- 10 assault marine w/2 Flamers/ Sergeant with PW+ Hand Flamer- Melta Bomb-235
Troop- 10 assault marine w/2 Melta guns/ Sergeant with PW+ storm shield-Melta Bomb-250
Troop- 10 assault marine w/2 Melta guns/ Sergeant with PF+ storm shield-255
Fast Attack-6 Vanguard Vets W/2 Power Weapons /Storm Shield /1 Power Fist 3 melta bombs-270
Fast Attack-6 Vanguard Vets W/2 Power Weapons /Storm Shield /1 Power Fist 3 melta bombs-270
1840- Model Count- 46

The Vanguard squads are equipped in such a way that every modle is different. 1 sarg with power weapon and melta bombs, 1 power weapon, 1 pfist, 1 strom sheild with melta bomb, 1 melta bomb, and 1 w/o. This makes a complex unit and makes it easyer to dump wounds.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Vanguard squads are equipped in such a way that every modle is different. 1 sarg with power weapon and melta bombs, 1 power weapon, 1 pfist, 1 strom sheild with melta bomb, 1 melta bomb, and 1 w/o. This makes a complex unit and makes it easyer to dump wounds.
What's the point of this on one wound models? I'd just grab them a load of Storm Shields, make them a real pain in the ass to beat in hth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts