Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey, my area has larger sized tournaments, and tends toward some cheesy lists, triptide, seer star, etc.

I'm trying to make a list that can put out enough wounds to these lists, or at least enough to kill the troops and dive on the objectives. That in mind here's the list

Astra militarum
HQ
145- Yarrick
410- Pack punisher w/ HB sponsons, executioner w/ plasma sponsons
175- 2 level 2 primaris psykers, 1 priest

HEAVY SUPPORT
160- 2 wyverns w/ camo nets

FAST ATTACK
135- valkrie w/ mrp
170- vendetta

TROOPS
250- PCS w/ 4 flamers
3 squads w/ 3 auto cannons, 3 grenade launchers, vox
352- PCS w/ 4 flamers
3 squads w/ 3 missile launchers, 3 grenade launchers, vox
29 conscripts

fortification
100- aegis w/ quad gun

Inquisitorial detachment
100- coteaz
total
1997 (the tournament is 1999 points to avoid double force org and such)

the priest goes with the conscripts to make them a fearless objective grabber/holder, yarrick and coteaz go in the autocannon platoon, and yarrick mans the gun, the psykers go wherever the powers i roll are most useful

pask isn't the warlord but he consolidates the leman russ' together to make prescience'ing them easier.

the PCS' will go in the flyers for late game contesting and what not

i haven't played too much with the new codex and am still assembling some of the models, so whatever advice you guys can give would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yarrick works well as your warlord. But unlike a vanilla CCS you can't really hide and order to deny "Kill the Warlord". However he is hard as nails (for a guardsmen) and can give 2 orders still.

Camo netting on an artillery piece seems redundant to me. It should be hidden from most big guns and anyone deepstriking/suicide charging your 65 point mortars will kill it with camo nets or no camo nets.

I'd turn your leman Russes into Pask with Punisher and the executioner (which is 185, not 180 iirc?) as a HQ and hve your Wyverns 2 seperate targets.

Drop the chimera for the PCS and stick em in your Flyer over the GLs. Flame throwers make better objective cleaners etc.

That means you save 90 points (chimera, Camo nets but take 5 for the executioner) and spend 70 points on Pask. Grab 10-15 more conscripts. Keep the GL PCS around for an extra order to give as opposed to transporting them away etc.

Id personally "trim more fat" and change around where the weapons are and stuff but it's down to preference and whether you actually have the spare weapons.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Enjoy Coteaz for your prescience, as this will probably be the last week you can use him with 7th just round the corner.
His other rules will be good still. "I've been expecting you" is great! Dunno about 100 points great.

edit: read it as you meant the psychic power prescience won't be there next ed. My bad.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Care to extrapolate?

Just wishful thinking that ICs can't join allied units. It's not even a rumor at this point, just something people are hoping for. I wouldn't put any weight into it. The only known is that they are tweaking how allies work.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah sorry it's all speculation at this stage...I just find it hard to write or think about lists at the moment with everything up in the air. I hope to God they don't fuck with Inquisition too much with respects to them joining up with Imperial Guard: I just went and bought all these third party bitz and have been converting like crazy to make Inquisition warbands and priests leading a bunch of guardsmen with a very strong theme. Don't want that to be wasted.

And OP: I like your list!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Just wishful thinking that ICs can't join allied units.
Yikes.

Yeah sorry it's all speculation at this stage...I just find it hard to write or think about lists at the moment with everything up in the air.
I hear you on that. Anything to do with rules and lists right now just seems like a waste of energy...but then so might buying models! I just bought Coteaz in a good deal online :laugh:

As for the list, something to consider (at least until we see the new BRB) with the Executioner is that you're currently rolling three Get's Hot! rolls for each shot with your turret cannon, since you make GH rolls for each shot taken and it's Heavy 3. It's not often that you take a Glance from GH, but hey. The new 'dex just made it so you roll 5 GH dice if you're rocking PC sponsons. I still doubt it will stop me from playing mine, but I figured I'd try to toss something creative into this thread instead of just reacting to posts about models I just bought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
putting pask, and sticking the tanks together is in my long range plan for the list, i really just don't have a tank commander model to stick into the punisher :p.

that said, pask not being the warlord takes away his old grudges, making him a rending gun, but prescience will keep him nice and killy all the same

the wyverns have camo cloaks because having a cover save forces the opponent to put resources into taking that cover away, or forcing enough saves to kill the mortar tanks, so i don't plan on changing that

also with ccs's the commander isn't an independent character so he look out sir's on a 4+, has a lower leadership, and can easily be instant deathed, and can't jump from one blob to the other, making yarrick my go to. also no panick tests makes me happy, and is always always useful. oh and bs 5 on an aegis w/ tank hunter is ballin' :)

but the suggestions on the chimera's is a good idea, i'mma try to work that in

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so i made some of the suggested changes, also flamers vs. grenade launchers for objective contestors, i'm thinking flamers for the 2 pcs's.

also after looking at it, for how i play i might change from the grenade launchers to sniper rifles in the blobs for the rending, and extra range, what do y'all think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts