Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my list using the new codex, haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet.

St. Celestine - 135

5 Seraphim
2x two hand flamers
Total - 95

5 Sisters
melta
heavy flamer
combi-flamer
Immolator w MM
Priest
Total - 175

5 Sisters
melta
heavy flamer
combi-flamer
Immolator w MM
Priest w boltgun
Total - 176

5 Sisters
melta
heavy flamer
combi-flamer
Immolator w MM
Priest w boltgun
Total - 176

5 Sisters
melta
heavy flamer
combi-flamer
Immolator w MM
Priest w boltgun
Total - 176

5 Dominions
4 Meltaguns
Immolator w MM
Total - 185

Exorcist - 125

Exorcist - 125

Avenger Strike Fighter - 150

Aegis w Quad Gun - 100

** Grey Knight Allies **

Inquisitor Coteaz - 100

Henchmen warband
3 Heavy Bolter Servators
Jokaru Weaponsmith
Chimera
Total - 120

Avenger Strike Fighter - 150

3 Warrior Accolyte - 12

Grand Total - 2000

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hrmm. One suggestion, drop one of the normal Sister squads for another group of either Dominions or Seraphim. Both of those are far more potentially threatening if you've got two squads.

You'd still have 4 Troops choices which is probably enough... well, 3 and something that technically counts :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I think you've invested a bit too many points in the Battle Sister troop squads for their size and fragility. If you just had 5 sisters with meltagun and heavy flamer I don't think you would find their effectiveness to be that much less (yeah you're not fearless, but I think the opponent is likely to just kill the squad as it's so small). Plus saving 35-36 points per squad or a total of 143 could get you a 5th troop squad or invest in the other units.

For places to invest I would suggest (in no particular order):
- filling out the seraphim to at least 8, as I think 5 is too small and fragile, especially as Celestine needs a better bodyguard to get her to combat as she can only get up from the dead once now
- an 100 pt retibutor squad (5 girls with 4 heavy bolters) would help give you extra long range firepower
- alternatively a second dominion squad would help the alpha strike with a deploy 12" in, scout 12", move 6" get out 6" and melt a tank 6" away or some heavy infantry 12" away
- how about a few Accolyte bullet catcher to the 1st henchmen unit, so the first kill doesn't take away a heavy weapon shot

My personal preference for spending the 143 points from reducing the troops would be:
3 Accolytes to join the 1st Henchmen unit
2 extra Seraphim
a Retributor squad (5 girls, 4 heavy bolters).

Overall it's already a good list, I just think spending some of the points from the troops elsewhere would make the list better.

Let me know what you think.

Rathstar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts