Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my local gaming store is hosting a 200 pt kill team as a good bye to 6th edition. I was thinking running a sternguard squad, then I thought a nob squad would be more fun. Any ideas?( ps I play salamanders, Orks and eldar)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, wich one would you prefere to play? they are so different from each other...
imo sternguard can be risky due to low body count, but i can see 5 sternguard and 5 sniper scouts doing pretty well, thanks to special issue ammo and sniper rifles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could take a squad of boys for 60 points, then take a 5 man nob squad coming up to 160 points. Then I have another 40 so, maybe some power klaws? Or I can take a nob squad with pain boy, cybork bodies and two power klaws.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i say taht every ork kill team shold have a degree of mobility in the form of a couple of deffkoptas. they are basically nobz, with -1 WS and +1 T...
so, 13 shoota boyz, a nob w/claw and hevyarmor (118 pts)
2 deffkoptas, 1 tl missile launcher (80 pts)
bodies, a cc beast, two fast elements capable of hurting anyone.
If you want to go infantry alone i'd go with 5 burnas (75), 14 shoota boys + a nob w/claw and armor (124)

i'd skip the footslogging nobz: they have too few armour, too few bodies, too costly for what they do.

maybe you could go crazy and take 2 missile launcher deffkoptas (90 pts) and 110 pts of grots...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts