Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy has put together a multi-player campaign for 40k. its a complete homebrew thing, its sorta risk meets 40k. we only have 200 pts. to start with and can only take a troop thats all. here is what im thinking of bringing

10x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Veterans of the Long War
Melta Bombs on Champ.
Power Weapon for Champ.

I know one of my opponents is Tyranids and the other Grey Knights the fourth player might be playing Orks but we dont know yet. What do you guys think? Keep in mind i can only use one troop to start and have only 200 pts.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hmm, not a lot you can do with 200 points. Perhaps drop VotLW and the champ upgrades for a Rhino? More survivability, but less flashiness... I really don't know, especially as you can't force org shift a cult troops choice from Elites to Troops until you an HQ...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would take a rhino, but a no vehicles other than walkers and bikes rule was put in place for the first few missions. Later on in the missions other vehicles will come available, just nothing that flies.....they fear my heldrake with its cheap self

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
i would take a rhino, but a no vehicles other than walkers and bikes rule was put in place for the first few missions. Later on in the missions other vehicles will come available, just nothing that flies.....they fear my heldrake with its cheap self
Aha, that's understandable. Though the 7e and FAQ nerfs to the Heldrake have done quite a bit to drag the 'Drake into line as a mere solidly respectable flyer, rather than a broken-OP one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, but out of my small gaming group nobody has any flyers yet or anything with AA so its kind of unfair. so my sexy beast of a heldrake just has to sit there half painted waiting to kill shit

·
Registered
432 Posts
10x Chaos Space Marines
2x Plasma Gun
Veterans of the Long War
Melta Bombs on Champ.
Power Weapon for Champ.
I'd be inclined to drop the plasma and take Melta guns, drop the melta bomb and VotLW and throw in as many bolters + CCW's as you can. This will allow you to shoot and charge with assault weapons and have a nasty volley of snapshots if someone charges you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts