Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a while ago I decided to browse through all of privateer press' Warmachine/Hordes galleries, and whilst I was doing so I stumbled upon Menoth Exemplars and thought they looked great. So I decided they would be my first PP army.

After browsing their rules, I came up with the following 20 point list:

Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Fire of Salvation

Dervish

Knights Exemplar
Exemplar Errant

Knight Exemplar Seneschal

Since I have Kreoss and Fire of Salvation in the same list I get an extra 2" for my deployment zone. Not much, but every little bit helps get into melee range. The list also has a range of different models so I can try out Heavy/Light Warjacks, Units & Solo's.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
On the face of it, you've got a good list, but not much in the way of ranged units. Depending on the size of table your playing on and this game can be played effectively on really small tables.

I've played a list not to dissimilar, and it did pretty well, but I'd still add in a jack with some range to it. That said you've got a decent list and there's a much greater chance of melee in Warmachine than in 40k, with pretty much every faction having units that like nothing better than pounding their fists on the enemy's armour.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate :)

I realise there is a lack of shooting powers in this list, but I'm not too concerned. The idea behind getting am Menoth army is a wanted an Elite Infantry Horde style list. Of course, when I start adding in Bastions/Cinerators/Vengers, it won't have all that many models over a 'balanced' list, it will be (IMO at least) a ball to play.

The only other warjacks I would consider adding are the Revenger and Avatar of Menoth. I wanted this army to have all models I liked and most the other 'jacks don't do it for me.

So yeah, I wanna get round to testing this out to make sure I can cope without much ranged power. I'm sure I'll be fine, considering I play Nids in 40k, I'm not used to slaightering in the shooting phase, just crippling so I can move in for the kill.

Can't wait to bring the pain with Kreoss' feat either :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts