Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post my two lists, one is mech the other is jump pack. I'll be taking both of these to some competitions asap, I spent a few months making my army magnetized, so I can just swap their back packs for jump packs :biggrin:

MECH

HEADQUARTERS

Seth

Honour Guard
- Storm Shield x 2
- Power Weapon x 1
Dedicated Transport: Razorback
- Twin Linked Heavy Flamer

ELITES

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought
- Shield
- Wings of Sanguinus

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought
- Shield
- Wings of Sanguinus

TROOPS

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Weapon
4 Marines
- Meltagun x 1
- Twin Linked Assault Cannon

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Weapon
4 Marines
- Meltagun x 1

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Weapon
4 Marines
- Meltagun x 1

Assault Squad
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Weapon
4 Marines
- Meltagun x 1

FAST ATTACK

2 Attack Bikes
- Multi Melta

Baal Predator
- Flamestrom Cannon
- Sponson Heavy Bolters

Baal Predator
- Sponson Heavy Bolters

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator
- Siege Shield

TOTAL: 2000

JUMPERS

HEADQUARTERS

Astorath

Librarian
- Jump Pack
- Lance
- Sword

Honour Guard
- Jump Packs
- Meltagun x 4

ELITES

Sanguinary Priest
- Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest
- Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest
- Jump Pack

TROOPS

Assault Squad
- Jump Packs
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Thunder Hammer
9 Marines
- Meltagun x 2

Assault Squad
- Jump Packs
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Weapon
- Melta Bombs
9 Marines
- Flamer x 2

Assault Squad
- Jump Packs
Sergeant
- Bolt pistol
- Power Fist
9 Marines
- Meltagun x 2

FAST ATTACK

Vanguard Veterans
- Jump Packs
- Melta Bombs x 2
- Storm Shield x 3
- Power Fist x 1

Vanguard Veterans
- Jump Packs
- Melta Bombs x 2
- Storm Shield x 3
- Power Fist x 1

TOTAL: 2000

Thanks,
Dallas

·
Registered
57 Posts
i like both lists alot im guessing the vangaruds with there meltas are going to drop down and pop tanks.i honestly dislike razor spam but your razor spam is differt and i like it

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I played three games this afternoon/evening/night. 2 against mech IG & 1 against Tervigon Nids using my mech list. I tabled the IG player in the first match, drew in the second & narrowly lost on objectives to the Nid player (he rolled 6,6,6 for his spawn gaunts on turn 5! Lucky sod). I found that my mech list is lacking a certain... je ne sais quoi? Maybe a Land Raider or maybe a unit of Jump Pack assault marines led by a Priest... I don't know, I'll have to go away & think about this one.

I did start battle repping the first game, but I just couldn't keep up/be arsed :lazy2:

Dallas

PS. Thanks for the replies guys, I'm interested to know why you prefer the Jump list?

·
Registered
123 Posts
@Dallas: I'm fairly new but I have to say I love the mech list. I have been playing BA mech a week after I started and I strictly did jump BA before.

The one thing I found out with BA mech is that it is fairly hard for the opponent to choose correct targets all the time. That I think is why your feeling it needs some "oomph." The list I run has RBs, Baals, Preds, Speeders. So it's either they stop my speeders and I shoot em up with A LOT of shots with everything else. They shoot my Rhinos w/ Cover saves (keep em behind my AV13s) and everything else gets to have a field day. Or they shoot my AV 13s and my Rhinos close in to unload RAS squads in their face.

I have been contemplating putting a bigger "oomph" thing in my list though and Land Raiders I think is where it's going to be. LandRaider w/ RAS+Priest or DC or Termies. Something. But instead of a bunch of little things that I dont mind if they pop because the rest of the list will still hold up, if they pop my LR and shoot its juicy insides that will be large part of my army. So if I were to do it I would do 2x LR's. But then that takes away from the "bunch of mech" list and no longer let's me play the same way as before :/

I have my Fast list filled and I have 1 heavy and 3 elites still left open. I might go with Lib Furiosos and 1 Vindicator to fill that hole in my list for that "oomph" we all crave in a list. :p

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Syypher. It's by no means there yet, I learnt a few important lessons on reflection;

1) Reserve Razorspam if IG get the first turn (Yes, I know I'm a fool).

2) Hive Guard with Impaler cannons laugh at AV11 no matter where you put them & Shadow in the Warp is not fun.

Furioso Librarians with Wings & Shield are fundamental to my list, they give me AV13, a 4++ cover save to the tanks behind them, & then a 5++ to anything that might be in the open, they then have S6 force weapons for any MCs that wander too close to my tanks, it's just against Nids I am getting my ass kicked, week after week after week. I am playing some seriously well thought out builds, they seem to undermine my synergy so well. Plus, I just don't seem to be able to put enough wounds on his T6 multi wound models.

Seth & the Honour Guard were good, they were charged early on by a brood of 8 Genestealers (outflanking) & a brood of 12 Gaunts, but managed to wipe them both out in a single turn (both combat phases). They could definitely go hunting Tervigons etc, the problem is that I only have that one unit & it costs about 360 points & Tervigon lists just keep spawning more and more shields, if it was KPs I'd be laughing but in objective missions I really struggle to do enough.

I have also thought about the dual LR list, using RAS (something I have said never to do - so I eat my own words here). 10 RAS with a Power Weapon & a Priest in a LR is about 470 points, the problem is that it isn't that effective & it means losing significant units in my list :(

My latest thoughts on the mech list has the following;

Out
Vindicator
Seth & Honour Guard
Flamestorm Baal

In
2 Riffleman (Dual TL-Autocannon) Dreads
Reclusiarch
Baal
5 man Sternguard with combi-meltas in a Flamerback

Reasoning is this, 4 x TL-Autocannons will do more wounds than 1 Demolisher round which isn't even guaranteed to hit; plus I have no problem killing the little bugs. Seth is about the same use a Reclusiarch so why not save 30 points? TL-AC Baal is > Flamestorm & another TL-AC helps my redundancy. Sternguard can help wound MCs with thier special ammo or take their combi-meltas to the enemies mech.

I'm probably going to run my Jump Pack list over October for some fun & then pick my mech up again for November/December.

Dallas

·
Registered
123 Posts
@Dallas: Agree with what your taking out for sure. Agree that the dual LR list is kind of...lacking. Like that your keeping in Furioso Libs. Agree with Rifleman and regular Baal in.

Dunno about Reclusiarch and Sternguard though. Sternguard I can't say much for because I never played them that way. What are they for? Your anti-tank?

Reclusiarch seems a little off to me. By all means try it out and I'd love to hear how it plays out but it just seems weird. Have you thought about dropping in a librarian? Save even 30 more points vs Reclusiarch and 60 vs Seth. Then get Blood Lance for more anti av13/14.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sternguard for their special ammo, against IG or mech SMs I'd throw them & their combi-meltas up as back-up anti tank to the bikes, they also make a good unit to guard my rear, I often find that with TL-AC I push up to mid table & I have to remember that there's those lovely chaps who like to field 3 bloody Trygons isn't there...

Reclusiarch because I have 2 Librarians already & getting rerolls on that 5 man RAS will be worth it.

Like I said, gotta test this out :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts