Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I understand the split between schools of thought on tyrannofex and how competitive they are but I feel that anything with a 2+ save t6 and wounds 6 is a headache for any general, at any level... But the issue is getting them in the face of the opponent.
I think I have possibly solved this although I would like some others advice on how to make this list better/more playable :victory:

HQ
Flyrant, twin devs hive commander 285pts

Tervigon, adrenal, toxin, catalyst 195pts

TROOPS
15 terms 75pts

15 terms 75pts

10 terms 50pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Trygon 200pts
Trygon 200pts

Tyrannofex, fleshborer hive, cluster spines 260pts
Tyrannofex, fleshborer hive, cluster spines 260pt

The flyrant will start on foot so is deployed and will then fly... so that hivecommander will work for the trygon in turn 2 and then will do what he does best, tervigon will sit midfield and spam gants tyrannofex and trogon will start in reserve and the tyrannofex will follow the trygon out their holes and disrupt the enemy objective

The idea is that 4 huge MC will arrive into the enemy deployment :)laugh:) zone turn 2 and this will distract shooting and the like for long enough for the tervigon and the termagant to footslog up field

Let me know what you all think :king:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep sorry, back to the work-bench I go:)

It must have been the thing about wings that confused me because if they have wings they are either jump infantry or fmc so why would it put that, my theory was therefore anything that walks can come through... But on a re-read that is wrong

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a strange love for tyranofex they are confused in what their role is, but that also makes them flexible.

HQ: Tyranid Prime

E: 3x Hive Guard

T: 3x Warrior including a venom cannon 105

FA:
FA:
FA:

HS: Tyranofex + Rupture Cannon

Fortification: Aegis Defense Line (yeah thats right!)

This is actually 2005 but I am too tiered to do further tweeking.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow me gusta! although i would drop the guard, as the rupture cannons should od their job but better and add some more hq and scoring... as 3 man warrior squads die horribly fast :S just something i have come to learn the hard way...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually I would switch out trygon for mawlac....that's just me though and I would start with your tyrant in reserve and DS him in and declare him flying, yes you can do this, that way he doesn't get shot up and you can do a bunch of shooting yourself :) but list looks good :) I would find room for some Zoeys as they are good anti tank and good at taking out MEQs :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ohhh and DOOOM!!! This guy is always a must! 90pts for one of the best bullet catchers in the game... Not to mention the havoc he can wreak! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noooo... Don't please please please ever take the mawloc over trygons. It's like choosing a balloon sword over a shotgun... There is no logic, no reason, and it's sad when cute fluffy creatures like the mawloc Die :shok:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts