Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a battle with my new Deathguard force against some Spess Mahrines, and I`ve got a couple of questions:

1) After a Tech Marine repairs the Demolisher Cannon on a Vindicator, can the Vindicator fire on that turn?

2) I`ve read somewhere that Drop Pods can`t fire after the turn they enter play, but the Codex didn`t confirm that, so can it or can`t it?

Thanks in advance!
DH

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1) After a Tech Marine repairs the Demolisher Cannon on a Vindicator, can the Vindicator fire on that turn?
I don't think so, the rule on page 71 states you repair it and then the vehicle may fire in the following shooting phase, although TBH its never come up.

2) I`ve read somewhere that Drop Pods can`t fire after the turn they enter play, but the Codex didn`t confirm that, so can it or can`t it?
The drop pod counts as moving at cruising speed, as per the BRB pg 95, and as it is not fast cannot fire any weapons on the turn it lands but may fire every turn after as normal

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much guys! The Drop Pod is confirmed now, and the Tech Marine will be confirmed at my next battle, based on what the owner thinks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
it can't im affriad. It trys to repair to weapon during the shooting phase and it says "in the following shooting phase" is when it can fire agian. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
I believe in the old rules you repaired in the Movement phase and it said the same thing. Which is probably where the idea it can be repaired then fire in the same turn comes from.

I seem to remember having my Tech Priest hang out in b2b with my Demolisher for just such occasions with my old Guard army "Da Bloodaxe Blitzkreeg".

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Thanks very much guys! The Drop Pod is confirmed now, and the Tech Marine will be confirmed at my next battle, based on what the owner thinks.

Thanks!
Just remember, though other droppods cannot fire, Black Templar drop pods CAN fire when they land, just in case it ever comes up:eek:k:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe in the old rules you repaired in the Movement phase and it said the same thing. Which is probably where the idea it can be repaired then fire in the same turn comes from.

I seem to remember having my Tech Priest hang out in b2b with my Demolisher for just such occasions with my old Guard army "Da Bloodaxe Blitzkreeg".
The orks's mek's tools allow you to repair a weapon at the start of a shooting phase and to shoot it in the same turn (ork dex pg. 34).
So maybe thats where it comes from :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Actually a DA tech-marine can repair a vehicle and it can shoot that turn. According to the DA codex the tech-marine must start movement in base contact with the vehicle tho he can disembark, and will complete repairs b4 the shooting phase. page 31 DA codex. Weirdly enough this also means the vehicle can move, the tech-marine disembarks and begins repairs.

so yes it is possible to repair a vehicle with a tech-marine and shoot with it that turn, if playing out of the DA codex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts