Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a 40k battle of 2 highly decorated Companies of each Chapter and fighting it out.

1) Logan vs Calgar

2) Ragnar Blackmane vs Cato Sicarius

3) Ulrik the Slayer vs Ortan Cassius

4) Njal Stormcaller vs Tigurius

5) Raganars and Logans Great Company vs Calager Honor Guard, 1st, and 2nd Comapny overall.

So what does the fluff hounds and fanbase say?

Edit: I been getting hints that for 5) Calgar and his hand pick were not involve in this discussion which seems to make it 1 sided.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
1. Logan...He took on Magnus and lived...Calgar took on a hive fleet and won...barely
2. Game based? Sicarius due to that one hit kill rule of his Fluffwise? Ragnar. he is practically a psyker when it comes to seeing something coming (That's why he gets that rule in game)
3. idk but I would say Ulrik since he was offered High wolf priest but he denied it because he is that awesome
4. Tigirius is a beast he would win
5. You do know that Ragnar's Great Company isn't the elite company...so overall the smurfs would beat the dogs

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hi oh.

1) My bet is on- wait let me flip a coin- Calgar apparently. Fluff wise I really do see it as being an extremely close fight.

2) In my mind this is a toss up between two entirely different fighting styles- Ragnar allows his fury and hatred to power his blows with a style that is more a matter of instinct than true training with the blade, whilst Sicarius is the opposite, a sterotypically cool-headed Swordsman who practises his sword form religiously.
With no surprises I'll give it to practised skill over instinct, nearly, every time.

3) Ulrik- no doubt in my mind on this one. He's one of the most fearsome fighters in the Space Wolves Chapter, he trained Ragnar and Grimnar (though in a fantastic case of classic GW contradiction he also didn't...according to the same book!), whilst Cassius is a warrior of incredible skill that could be said of most Astartes.

4) Tigirius- one of the most, if not the most, powerful psykers in the Imperium against an old man with walking stick who has a pet bird and likes to make it rain?

5) Due to sheer numbers I'd have to give this to the Space Wolves, Ragnar's company alone contains as many hardened warriors as both Codex Companies put together do, and Grimnar's is also home to all the Rune Priests and Wolf Priests let alone his hundreds of warriors- I'm sorry but the Ultramarines would just be swarmed under.

Edit: Ulrik was actually offered the position of Wolf Lord but turned it down and became a Wolf Priest instead.

Edit #2: I think that with even numbers the Ultramarines would kick Space Wolf arse in most circumstances- properly disciplined soliders vs. wild barbarians? please.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Oh boy...

#1 Ugh..... Christ this is a tough one. Logan simply because he looks like he could rip you a new ass hole simply by looking at you.

#2 Ragnar, he is the embodiment of the berserker. In CC I very much doubt Cato could take him. They are both brilliant fighters and tacticians and both are being groomed to become the next leaders of their respective chapters. TBH it would be a close fight but I don't think Cato could get past Ragnars speed and ferocity.

#3 Njals abilities seem to me more combat oriented and he is much cooler but I would say Tigiriusis better all around.

#4 Even if they were numerically matched I would say the wolves in an open fight.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
All personal biases aside, considering Logan's great company contains every wolf priest, rune priest, iron priest, dreadnought, scout and possibly thunderwolf in the entire SW chapter, along with a huge amount of his own wolf guard (thus his rule that WG count as troops), and the SW non-adherence to the codex meaning their 2 companies probably greatly outnumber the smurfs, I really think the puppies would kick serious ass. It really isn't a fair comparison to start with though.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question as I really dont know for fact, is the 1st Comapny rebuilt, back to there Termie strong selves, or are they still pretty broken after Behemoth? I figure they have had at least 2 more Hive Fleets worth of time to recover their losses.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Yeah but they are basically a highly specialized anti-tyranid force. Wouldn't be a match for wg.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i belive calgar would have smarter and better tactics, and beat the SW as a whole...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
There is no reason to believe Calgar is any smarter than Logan. I believe Logan was chosen to be the supreme commander of the imperial forces during the 13th black crusade.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
They were fighting somewhere else but we don't know if they were being considered by the high lords. I would thing they were and Azrael wouldn't had followed him if he was the undisputed tactical genius of the imperium. You can't really use the fact that a DARK ANGEL refused to follow a SPACE WOLF against him.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
They were fighting somewhere else but we don't know if they were being considered by the high lords. I would thing they were and Azrael wouldn't had followed him if he was the undisputed tactical genius of the imperium. You can't really use the fact that a DARK ANGEL refused to follow a SPACE WOLF against him.
It wouldn't matter if the High Lords were considering them or not because they don't appoint the commander of the Astartes forces anyway, and that's what Grimnar= the overall commander for the Space Marines not for the other Imperial forces.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
From what I heard he was supreme commander of all imperial forces.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Hm. Lex says he was the supreme commander of the defending imperial forces. Well if he wasn't who was?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
And I could go on Lex and rewrite stuff so that the Emperor is a purple koala flying around on a gravity defying pogo-stick. Remember, as accurate as the sources ittakes from may be, almost anyone can write something on it so take what you read there with a grain of salt.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Didn't think it was totally accurate but without any other source I was unable to verify it. Anyway, being elected supreme commander of all arstartes forces is still one hell of a highlight for a resume.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Well if there was an astartes commander that would mean that therewas no supreme commander.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts