150pts
2x obliterator cult
150pts
2x obliterator cult

·
Registered
131 Posts
i would take the 2nd one....
The terminators are too much for such a small points game. Chaos cult marines are awesome and made better as they are troops! make sure you fill up on them.
I would personally loose the pred, take a second rhino for other squad, loose the combi melta on rhino and take a 3rd obliterator.....
also depending on your oponents may be worth keeping the flamer on the defiler.... much better against hordes....
hope this helps

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree with keecai, take the second one, It will give you better results!:grin:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for feedback i dont realy want to take another obliterator the pred is a distraction its only got dirgecaster cause i had 5 extra points

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The second list is solid. However, I have a couple questions.

1) Why do you have Plague Champs in the Plague Marine squads with no special weapon? You're spending 15 points on +1 Attack (on 1 model) and +1 Leadership on a squad that is Fearless. I think you'd be better off using that 15 points to get a second Melta/Plasma/Flamer. Or, use the 30 points (15 per squad) and your 5 extra points to get the second squad a Rhino.

2) Why are you taking Daemonic Possession on your Pred? I'm not saying that this is the wrong choice, its just good to think about what you're doing with it. Running it with Combi-Melta means you are going to need to be within 12" of the side or back of most enemy tanks. To do this you'll need to be crossing the field rapidly (12" a turn vs 6") so chances are you will not be doing much shooting. With BS3 from DP you're looking at 4+ to hit on two dice that will probably need a 4+ to glance (vs Armor 11). This means you will average 1 hit and will Glance/Pen with that one hit 50% of the time. All in all, you might be better served dropping DP and finding 10 points to give him Heavy Bolter side sponsons. This increases your shot output by 6 and means you hit ~66% of the time. It will also help you vs Horde :)

3) Your Defiler seems confused to me. He (she?) is in a mid-range list that isn't assaulty or really shooty (which is fine). Annette (do you mind if I call your defiler Annette?) is dedicated assaulty. This could provide a great fire-magnet....but it means that poor Annette will most likely be a smoking pile of twisted metal by turn 2...Which means you'll be out 150 points. Enough to buy two Oblits or a Vindicator with points left over.

All in all, I think you have a solid list to start tweaking. Let us know how it plays.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had the points left over and couldnt find anything good to do with them the pred is there cause of excess points and me liking the model deffys there for pretty much same reasons

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had the points left over and couldnt find anything good to do with them the pred is there cause of excess points and me liking the model deffys there for pretty much same reasons
At the end of the day thats what its about! it is a game so choose what you wanna play, even if its not the best possible choice, the second list is not bad so should fair well. have fun with it!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah its also very fluffy as im playing nurgle based so plague marines are good and ive tried to make the defiler as much nurgle based as possible

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
At the end of the day thats what its about! it is a game so choose what you wanna play, even if its not the best possible choice, the second list is not bad so should fair well. have fun with it!
I agree 100%. Remember, they are your plastic space men :)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im thinking dropping the pred getting a 3rd oblit and giving the deamon prince WOC

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah cause lash and winds of chaos is nasty also isnt last psychic shooting and being an mc the prince can u use both as long as one is a shooting

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ive realised i can give him both lash and woc im thinking of keeping lash or i could switch it to mark of nuigle or tzeech and warptime

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do u think

·
Registered
941 Posts
keep lash and drop the pred for more oblits, when you send them flying with lash, plasma cannon them to bits!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
u didnt read earlier im dropping the pred for another oblit ive got 30 spare points and no idea what to spend it on

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i dont think i can afford that thats about 75 points ive only got 55

1 - 20 of 33 Posts